Anyone running a PMB Silent Insert on 2006 WR450??

10 replies to this topic
  • Malone6

Posted May 28, 2006 - 09:06 PM

I'm considering the Pro Moto Billet (PMB-10-5501) Silent Insert for the stock pipe. Anyone have any experience with it on the 06 WR450? Is it worth the 60 bucks? I pulled the stock baffle and didn't notice anything except that it was louder. Seems like the exhaust flow was inefficient with the baffle gone and the end cap on... I'm not interested in dropping 3+ bills on an aftermarket system right now. Any feedback would be appreciated...

• XRYoda

Posted May 28, 2006 - 09:30 PM

It is worth it. Knock out the first baffle(search the WR thread) and it will be a well spent $60. The noise level is still pretty good.

• odonnks

Posted May 29, 2006 - 02:48 AM

Take a look at this...

• ADVnaut

Posted May 29, 2006 - 08:49 AM

Hey Odonnks,
I have been thinking about punching that baffle. I already have the PMB, Do you know anyone that has tested sub 96db with that baffle gone, spark arrestor in, and PMB on.

• odonnks

Posted May 29, 2006 - 01:25 PM

I don't know of anyone who tested it yet. I'll be in a area that get tested in the next week or so. I'll let you know.

I did use a sound level meter from the safety department at work and it tested at 94 db but I'm sure I didn't follow the 'official' test protocol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kenmcl

Posted May 29, 2006 - 06:21 PM

it is terrific.

1) with the free mods, a rejet and the silent insert, the bike has crazy power. i suspect that there are few of us that could actually use / need more power.

2) the other great thing is that the bike is very quiet. my bro has a honda with the ti powercore and it is very loud.

my yamaha hauls butt and is quiet about it...

• ADVnaut

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:56 AM

Thanks Odonnks,
I'll hold off on punching it til then.

• MountainMax

Posted May 30, 2006 - 07:45 AM

I put the tip on mine and punched out the last baffle, im very happy, i drive min on the road also, it's not too loud at all, especially when youre easy on the gas and it gives you way more power (when done with intake mods especially)

• JimdogWR450

Posted May 30, 2006 - 10:37 AM

I also have the PMB, and am happy with the quiet results, better sound, and better power coupled with the air box mod and jetting.

• Malone6

Posted May 30, 2006 - 11:21 AM

SOLD.... I'm ordering one today.

• ADVnaut

Posted June 16, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Hey Odonnks,
Did you have a chance to test those db's yet. There is a National Forest here and I need to be able to pass the Rangers physical. :excuseme:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.