Cheng shin 755

16 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted October 30, 2001 - 06:46 AM

does anyone use this tire or anything. It is cheap so i thought i might try it. i do strictly trail riding on all terrains. I usually use a M12 by michelin and that is best but this tire is 30 dollars cheaper. Just your thoughts on the tire and if you use it do you like it. :)

• yzernie

Posted October 30, 2001 - 07:23 AM

If you are going to use a Cheng Shin, get the Maxxis intermediate tire. They work great on the trails but not so good on softer (sand) dirt. They are still way cheaper than the others and wear much better than the 755.

• lewichris

Posted October 30, 2001 - 07:42 AM

thanks for the input. I am assuming the 6001 maxxis tire. But i just want input on the 755 tire. Not what i should use. thanks

• pgdirtman

Posted October 30, 2001 - 08:05 AM

I started running the 755 on my 99 YZ400 last year after a friend in WV swore by them. I have to say, for the price it's the best tire I've ran. I ride all types of terrian and adjust the air pressure to suit.

• yzernie

Posted October 30, 2001 - 12:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by lewichris:
i just want input on the 755 tire. Not what i should use.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I didn't realize you would be so taken by my effort to help you. I have used the 755 here in the desert of So. Cal. and I think they are junk. I would rather use a worn out Dunlop or Bridgestone.

• lewichris

Posted October 30, 2001 - 01:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by yzernie:

You're welcome. I didn't realize you would be so taken by my effort to help you. I have used the 755 here in the desert of So. Cal. and I think they are junk. I would rather use a worn out Dunlop or Bridgestone.
[/QUOTE]
i am not taken by you helping. I appreciate the help. We ride mostly rocky,dirt,mud and tree roots. I live in idaho and ride the rocky mountians. Not much sand here to ride in. So how would it do in what i ride in. We ride in mostly hard to intermediate terrain.

thanks YZernie

• yzernie

Posted October 30, 2001 - 01:29 PM

I think for what you are describing, the 6001 Maxxis would be a better choice. I have run those on my practice rims because they are less expensive than the Dunlops I use for racing. They wear well and hook up well as long as the dirt is loamy to hard. Rocks are no problem for that tire. Mud in So. Cal. is almost non-existent. I honestly don't think they would be all that good in the mud.

The best thing about them is the price!!

• RCannon

Posted October 30, 2001 - 01:43 PM

I recently bought a used motorcycle that had new 755's on the front and rear. The front appears to be holding up well, but the rear is another story.

I have used the bike offroad, perhaps four times. Maybe a total of eight gallons of gas have been burned. Several of the nobs are missing and the tire is wearing FAST! The terrain I ride in includes a lot of sand and some harder, gravel covered areas. No pavement.

Now, your wondering...this guy probably has some powerful machine..maybe an old KX 500 or something....NO

The tires are mounted on a 1990 Suzuki DR 250. This bike offers all the weight of an XR 600 with 1/4 of the power. I would imagine this tire could injure your friends behind you with flying squares of rubber when mounted on a 426. Seriously, I would skip the 755 rear. While your skipping it, skip the front for good measure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kev426

Posted October 30, 2001 - 02:19 PM

dont wast your time with the chenshi#. :D :)

• lewichris

Posted October 30, 2001 - 02:29 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RCannon:
I recently bought a used motorcycle that had new 755's on the front and rear. The front appears to be holding up well, but the rear is another story.

I have used the bike offroad, perhaps four times. Maybe a total of eight gallons of gas have been burned. Several of the nobs are missing and the tire is wearing FAST! The terrain I ride in includes a lot of sand and some harder, gravel covered areas. No pavement.

Now, your wondering...this guy probably has some powerful machine..maybe an old KX 500 or something....NO

The tires are mounted on a 1990 Suzuki DR 250. This bike offers all the weight of an XR 600 with 1/4 of the power. I would imagine this tire could injure your friends behind you with flying squares of rubber when mounted on a 426. Seriously, I would skip the 755 rear. While your skipping it, skip the front for good measure.
[/QUOTE]
that is funny. I cant quit laughing. anyway thanks for the advise. I appreciate it.

• BlueThunder

Posted October 30, 2001 - 06:27 PM

Tire wear is a funny thing...the Michelin M12's sounded like the best thing since mono-
shocked dirt bikes so I purchased front and rears for my WR. Seems like the rear wears even worse than the stock 739 or the Pirelli MT21 DOT tire I had on ? Anyone else not impressed with the M12's? :)

• RCannon

Posted October 31, 2001 - 03:57 AM

If you dont mind, which tire are you going to use after your M12 wears out? I had thought about using the 739, but now????

• lewichris

Posted October 31, 2001 - 05:58 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RCannon:
If you dont mind, which tire are you going to use after your M12 wears out? I had thought about using the 739, but now????[/QUOTE]
use a Dunlop 756. great tire. Look at http://www.rockymoun...sp?sid=00649190

they have the best prices on tires. also a michelin S12 would work well in soft terrain.

• AlexK

Posted October 31, 2001 - 04:30 PM

My stock (DRZ) Dunlop 756 has 30hrs (750 miles) on it and the knobs are almost gone. I am not impressed with the wear, but it hooked up pretty good.
Magazines are always rating tires by traction and performance... they should do a comparison based on durability. All I want is an excellent performing tire that lasts 10,000 miles and costs $29.95. Is that too much to ask?

• lewichris

Posted November 01, 2001 - 06:02 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by AlexK:
My stock (DRZ) Dunlop 756 has 30hrs (750 miles) on it and the knobs are almost gone. I am not impressed with the wear, but it hooked up pretty good.
Magazines are always rating tires by traction and performance... they should do a comparison based on durability. All I want is an excellent performing tire that lasts 10,000 miles and costs $29.95. Is that too much to ask?
[/QUOTE]

yea i think so. unless you tote your bike around in the back of your truck for a year. Face it our bikes go through tires. I am just trying to find a good tire that hooks up well and is cheep. If it lasts as long as my M-12 then that is a bonus. Next i will try the Maxxis 6001. It has the same basic tread of the M-12. Where i live mostly everyone uses the M-12 cause it is best for this area and terrain. But that is just this area. thanks all for your input.

Chris

• Jekel

Posted November 01, 2001 - 08:27 AM

Can't go wrong with Bridgestone 77&78's. I order mine through different mailorder places for the cheapest prices and get them in a week. Still cheaper than in town :)

• lewichris

Posted November 01, 2001 - 08:32 AM

true but we are talking performance for a cheap price cause our bikes go through tire so quickly

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.