YZ Plastics for a WR

4 replies to this topic
  • Vengeancemaster73

Posted May 27, 2006 - 06:32 AM

My question is what year yz plastics do i need to fit my 02 wr426f. If possible i want the lattest year that can fit. Also Which yz seat and gas tank would fit the WR? Thanks for all your help! :ride:

• Birdy426

Posted May 27, 2006 - 08:23 AM

You can fit all the way up to 04 YZ plastics, but to put the 03/04 stuff on is a bit of work and a lot of bank but better ergos. Do a search in the YZ forum and you'll find all the directions and tricks. The 00-02 stuff is the same for all years, and witht he exception of the front number plate, will bolt right on your WR. The front numvber plate takes a little bit of mod work. Again, do a search here inthe WR forum and you will find details. As far as the gas tank, stock, Clarke, and IMS all make 'em, and the shape is the same for a stock capacity. For a bigger tank, it's a matter of personal preference. Te Zp Ty tank has the best ergos, but the choke and hot start are a bitch to get to. The IMS is a little wider and caries the fuel a little higher. Any YZ seat will work, stock, CEET, Complete Seat, ect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FTD

Posted May 27, 2006 - 08:39 AM

My question is what year yz plastics do i need to fit my 02 wr426f. If possible i want the lattest year that can fit. Also Which yz seat and gas tank would fit the WR? Thanks for all your help! :ride:

Check "My Garage." The plastics on my bike are YZ plastics. The bottom bolt on the radiator shrouds needed some spacers to fit but over all fit pretty well.

• Vengeancemaster73

Posted May 28, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Ftd thats a nice bike but can i use a yz stock tank because i dont want that big of a tank. Thanks for everything! :applause:

• FTD

Posted May 28, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Ftd thats a nice bike but can i use a yz stock tank because i dont want that big of a tank. Thanks for everything! :D

My tank is 3.4 gallons just like the stock tank. It is skinny at the top like the YZ tank and puts the gas weight lower for better balance. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.