wr426 carb issue

3 replies to this topic
  • damage426

Posted May 27, 2006 - 03:14 AM

I have an 01' Wr426 that bogs when i give lots of throttle off idle. i just took the carb apart to replace the accelerater pump and clean it. i also turned all the screws to the original position after taking it apart. Would this be the pilot jet causing it to bog off idle? Also, when reving it up in neutral the head pipe gets bright orange after only about 20 second, before it would only do this idling with the choke on for about a minute. If i'm running to lean could this damage the engine on this model?

• tshe1

Posted May 28, 2006 - 10:48 AM

seems like you're ridding lean.
check if the hot start is not turn on (and if it works well).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted May 28, 2006 - 10:54 AM

I would need some more info to help. What jets are you running? Did you check the acc pump timing? Have you done the BK mod? What altitude do you ride?

• Numskull

Posted May 28, 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have an 01' Wr426 that bogs when i give lots of throttle off idle. i just took the carb apart to replace the accelerater pump and clean it. i also turned all the screws to the original position after taking it apart. Would this be the pilot jet causing it to bog off idle? Also, when reving it up in neutral the head pipe gets bright orange after only about 20 second, before it would only do this idling with the choke on for about a minute. If i'm running to lean could this damage the engine on this model?

If you rev this bike in neutral, the header will glow instantly. When the bike is cool, take your middle finger and flick the header. You will see how paper thin it is,and when fire is running through it, you will see it :D

It is probably your accelerator pump causing it to bog when you flick the throttle to quick off idle. But unless its very excessive or your racing, just bring the motor up to about 2500 rpms before twisting your throttle wide open. All of these bikes will bog or die from idle to instant wide open, just half to determine if its excessive in your riding style. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.