Tachometer on Wr450?

3 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 26, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Can you get a Tach for these bikes? anyone have one? I am so use to snowmobile racing and i need to know my rpm to make max power for shiftout and stuff, i know biking is different but i am so use to 2 smokes i find i can't tell the rpm's im at on this thumper....

• ARin

Posted May 26, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Can you get a Tach for these bikes? anyone have one? I am so use to snowmobile racing and i need to know my rpm to make max power for shiftout and stuff, i know biking is different but i am so use to 2 smokes i find i can't tell the rpm's im at on this thumper....

trailtech vapor

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nitronaf

Posted May 26, 2006 - 06:48 PM

trailtech vapor

not out yet, aside from them saying release in may :ride:

• OringGroove

Posted May 27, 2006 - 05:56 AM

Check out the Yamaha hour counters the newer model has a tachometer in it! So you can adjust your idle!
You really don't need to know the amount of revs your bike is doing as you fly down a dirt track! The last thing you want to do is have a look at a speedo etc! You will end up busted upside down on the track! You only need a tacho to set the idle. once you know what it is you can just listen and set it by ear! Just ride more and know that there is always abit more left in the motor! these bikes truly have awseome motors!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.