YZ muffler VS Aftermarket one ??

7 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 26, 2006 - 02:18 PM

I was thinking of buying a louder and more free flowing exhaust for my wr450, how does the yz one sound and perform? i can get them cheap on ebay (less then 100 bux CAD shipped) compared to like 400 for a fmf one. I also read about their header pipe with an expansion chamber in it similar to a 2stroke, how do they also perform?

• byw

Posted May 27, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Stock Yz pipe sounds awesome very deep and loud.No spark arrestor though but if that is not a concern.You won't be disapointed with a Stock Yz pipe.

• MountainMax

Posted May 27, 2006 - 08:24 AM

Thanks, bought one on ebay for $9.00. Do you think i will need to rejet after swapping mufflers, mine has promoto billet tip and one baffle removed already jetted to specs on sticky.

• Bosco83

Posted May 27, 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hey mountain max how are you finding these on e-bay I have been looking for a while and haven't seen any.

Thanks,
Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odonnks

Posted May 27, 2006 - 03:39 PM

That's a steal !!

• MountainMax

Posted May 27, 2006 - 06:48 PM

there are two more on ebay right now, called yz450 pipe

• ARin

Posted May 27, 2006 - 08:42 PM

the yz pipe is a fantastic cheap upgrade for the wr.

Good power and sound...at a fraction of the price of an aftermarket.

• MountainMax

Posted May 28, 2006 - 04:12 AM

Yeah, and if needed i guess it can work with the fmf header pipes too if you wanted to spend 1/2 the money on upgrading.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.