2005 XR650L Custom Front Disc Guards

4 replies to this topic
  • chetwynd

Posted May 25, 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hi all,

I spent a lot of time looking for a good front disc guard like my ScottsPerformance rear sharkfin. Since Devol doesn't make an aluminum one for the XR650L and I don't like the idea of some flimsy plastic one, I had a welder friend fabricate one for me. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• radvocaat

Posted May 25, 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi all,

I spent a lot of time looking for a good front disc guard like my ScottsPerformance rear sharkfin. Since Devol doesn't make an aluminum one for the XR650L and I don't like the idea of some flimsy plastic one, I had a welder friend fabricate one for me. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like it. I've been thinking of putting one on, but Im leaning towards the plastic, because it is flimsy plastic. I would be reluctant to put something like that one you made, since it could bend/break into your rotor and cause some damage. Maybe im parinoid :ride:

But I do like the looks of yours over the plastic, for sure!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chetwynd

Posted May 25, 2006 - 09:54 PM

I hear you. I guess I figured that if I hit something hard enough to bend the new disc guard into the disc, it would have totalled the disc without it. This aluminum is pretty strong, I'd have to really smack something to bend it.

• radvocaat

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:06 PM

I hear you. I guess I figured that if I hit something hard enough to bend the new disc guard into the disc, it would have totalled the disc without it. This aluminum is pretty strong, I'd have to really smack something to bend it.

Ya, and listen to me eh, a few months back my machinst buddy made a shark fin for both of our XRL's, out of 1/4" aluminum, looks sweet, looks as strong as anything similar for sale,and I bolted it on without hesitation!

Soooo, how much is your bud sell'n them for? :ride:

• chetwynd

Posted May 26, 2006 - 07:04 AM

He charged me $130 and was probably giving me a deal, so I'm not really sure...I'll find out.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.