2004 Xr650l Aftermarket Pipe Choices

9 replies to this topic
  • GseMech

Posted May 25, 2006 - 05:42 PM

After reading all the info in this forum about the benefits of a aftermarket pipe I have decided to re-jet the stock carb and get a pipe. There seems to be a large price differance between the popular White Bros pipes and the Supertrapp. Most of the E-Bay deals on pipes won't ship to Canada so it looks like a new pipe for me. Anybody got any ideas on if the White Bros pipes are worth the $200 more than the Supertrapp? In fact any pipe suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

• xr500_89

Posted May 25, 2006 - 06:17 PM

man go with supertrapp all the way in my personal opinion the supertrapp runs better and sounds better too, pretty sure the xr600 pipr will fit your bike, if you interested i can sell you my white bros E-2 pipe for a decent price i actually want to get a supertrapp for the latest bike i own

• racepaul

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:01 PM

if GseMech is not interested in your WB pipe let me know. I am looking for a pipe for my 01 650L. Thanks Paul

• xr500_89

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:21 PM

i dont care whos interested first come first serve.

• GseMech

Posted May 26, 2006 - 04:32 AM

Thanks for the offer of the pipe but unfortunetly I have to buy local as the duties at the border make it uneconomical to buy across the line

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted May 26, 2006 - 10:57 AM

Im VERY happy with my Supertrapp IDS2 ... got mine from www.rockymountainmc.com ... the listing for the XR600 is correct, it also fits the XR650L ... :ride:

• ghoti

Posted May 26, 2006 - 11:06 AM

After reading all the info in this forum about the benefits of a aftermarket pipe I have decided to re-jet the stock carb and get a pipe. There seems to be a large price differance between the popular White Bros pipes and the Supertrapp. Most of the E-Bay deals on pipes won't ship to Canada so it looks like a new pipe for me. Anybody got any ideas on if the White Bros pipes are worth the $200 more than the Supertrapp? In fact any pipe suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

IMHO it's not money well spent. There will not be a hugh gain over the stock exhaust without the baffle.

• churchman2003c

Posted May 26, 2006 - 11:16 AM

But aftermarket pipes look cool....................

• goblin127

Posted May 26, 2006 - 07:54 PM

But aftermarket pipes look cool....................

Even more cool when you replace the header too. An entire system ,I think is the way to go.

• kelleyseiler

Posted May 28, 2006 - 02:41 PM

I bought a Wileyco pipe off ebay. Heres a pic. I love it!http://i43.photobuck...ler/XR650L3.jpg

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.