xr600 problem

1 reply to this topic
  • racr991

Posted May 25, 2006 - 05:42 AM

My 95 XR600 starts and runs fine when idling but when it gets to approx. 4000rpm (guessing, no tach), it starts to sputter and puff out black smoke. Ive tried two different carbs and several jetting combos and it still does the same so carb is not the problem. Ive tried a different coil as well and it didnt help either. Im thinking it could be the stator, but am not sure and I dont wanna spend more money than I need to. Anyone had any similar problems and what was your solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Randy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • INGEAR

Posted May 25, 2006 - 08:01 AM

I Am Having The Same Problem. My Bike Is A 95 Xr650l. It Will Start And Idle Fine. When I Give It Full Throttle It Oscillates And Black Smoke Comes Out Of The Exhaust. I Am Going To Check The Timing Marks Next. I Had The Cam Out To Fix The Auto Decompression System. So Maybe I Messed Up The Cam Timing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.