HotCam 2002 426

6 replies to this topic
  • TheRainMan

Posted May 24, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Besides the HotCam is there any thing else I need to buy for this modification?
I have the tools!

And how the hell do u post a picture in a thread???

• Raven1911

Posted May 25, 2006 - 04:04 AM

You need angled feeler gauges, or just straight ones and bend them yourself. You will need a torque wrench as well. Also you will need to either buy a decomp plug or cut the existing one to keep the hole sealed. Don't but the plastic kind as it doesn't work well. Either get the TT decomp plug or grind the existing one off. I believe that is about it. :ride:

If you don't have a TT account then you will need to open something in photobucket and post pictures there through a link to your file.

• sw99

Posted May 25, 2006 - 04:05 AM

And how the hell do u post a picture in a thread???

you don't, you link it...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted May 25, 2006 - 01:59 PM

You will need some new valve shims, but you will have to install the cam and measure the differance before you can figure what sizes to order.

• dsconstructs

Posted May 25, 2006 - 02:22 PM

Be sure that you have an inch lb. torque wrench, not a ft. lb. one.

• Scotty426

Posted May 27, 2006 - 04:19 AM

It would be a good idea to get the plug that covers the decomp lever whole. Your dealer will probably know the part number but it is a rubber plug. You will, happily, not need the lever anymore. I pulled the lever out because I didn't want it to shake around and hang an exhaust valve open. TT has posts about this. I also rigged a little piece of metal that bolts into the head and ensures the plug is held tight. Ditching the decomp lever is very nice. The cam comes with a recommendation to start with for new shims. In my case, they were right on first try.

• Tracy Allan

Posted May 28, 2006 - 07:16 AM

I have a 2002 yz426f and I'm tired of the lever and kicking. How much would it cost to have the hot cam done at a dealer? Can I just put an electric start on it? If so, how much would that cost? I like the bike, it has a good punch of power.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.