Article in Motocross Action on Applied triple clamp set for '06 YZ's

2 replies to this topic
  • cmcwhorter42

Posted May 24, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I just read an article in the June issue of Motocross Action about the new 27mm offset triple clamps from Applied Racing. They stated that this offset is only good for the YZ250f, and should not be run on any other YZ including the 450. I remember a couple months ago reading an article that stated that people preferred this 27mm offset for both the 250 and 450 four strokes in a blind study. Has anyone had any experience with these triple clamps on their '06 YZ450F. I have a set already on the way, so reading that article made me wonder if the money was well spent.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reyndogg

Posted May 24, 2006 - 02:43 PM

I think that offset advantage was for 05 and older, not 06...they do look nice and work well on YZ250Fs - buddy of mine has them on his 06 2fiddy.

• RCannon

Posted May 24, 2006 - 03:24 PM

A friend at the track owns both a 250 and a 450. He also had one set of the 27mm clamps.

We both liked them on the 250. I prefered stock on the 450, he liked the 27mm offset.

I would have liked to try some 23mm offset clamps for the 450. I will try and talk him into buying some. I love friends who like to spend money. This particular gentleman has saved me a lot over the years.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.