Directions to White Rock ORV Arkansas

4 replies to this topic
  • phatcat99

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:44 PM

Anyone out there know how to get to White Rock ORV in Arkansas? I hear it's in the back woods (Deliverance style) and I really don't want to squeel like a pig :ride: I'd be coming in off of I-40. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• TARFELE

Posted May 25, 2006 - 05:10 AM

Are you talking about White Rock Mountain in NW Arkansas? It is between Fayetteville and Fort Smith off of Hwy 540.??????????

If so I have ridden up there before. I stay at the Moccasin Gap camp ground and ride from that trail head. It is on Highway 7 north of I-40. From there you can get to several other riding areas. I think there are three multi use trails in that area, Moccasin Gap,Huckleberry Mountain Horse trail and Mill Creek Trail.

I am not aware of a White Rock Mountain Trail area

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phatcat99

Posted May 25, 2006 - 07:10 AM

I think you're talking about the same area. I've since found out it also goes by Mill Creek ORV.

• TARFELE

Posted May 25, 2006 - 04:00 PM

This may help http://www.fs.fed.us...eation/ohv.html
There is some nice riding up there!

From Fayetteville, take Arkansas 16 east to Combs, turn south on Forest Service Road (FS Road) 1007 for 4 miles, turn left on FS Road 1509 1/2 mile to the trailhead. From Ozark, take Arkansas 23 north to Cass, turn left (west) on FS Road 1520 for 8 miles to FS Road 1509, then north 4 miles to trailhead

Call the Ranger District for questions they are great and can give you good maps;
Boston Mountain RD
P.O. Box 76
Hwy 23 North
Ozark, AR 72949
Phone: (479) 667-2191

• scott_01_xr400

Posted May 24, 2007 - 04:39 PM

will have to try that

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.