sprocket lock test

7 replies to this topic
  • AK_SLIMER

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:38 AM

when i park my bike i put a big master lock around chain and sprocket but forgot i did this today when i took off destoryed the lock like it was a tooth pick and put small scratch on inside of swingarm so just saying this doesnt work.
Kevin

• adam574

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:12 PM

they have disc specific locks. i have one and it works like a charm.

• gnarly sprockets

Posted May 24, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Must have been a cheap lock. I did this once and the chain broke.

• metisse

Posted May 24, 2006 - 05:44 PM

Just wad up your best new riding shirt in the rear sprocket - it will take the theif half an hour to clear it!! dont ask how I know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted May 24, 2006 - 06:14 PM

Just wad up your best new riding shirt in the rear sprocket - it will take the theif half an hour to clear it!! dont ask how I know.

haha. Guessing you somehow got it caught in there while riding? If its a good master lock, it shouldn't break.....especially on the front disk.

• MortimerSickle

Posted May 24, 2006 - 07:06 PM

Did the same thing once, two-up at about 60 mph.

Gave a buddy a ride. It was hot, and I didn't notice when he stuffed his leather jacket between the back of the seat and the tail light. I guess he actually thought it would stay there- it didn't.

Ever slam on your rear brake at highway speed? Thrilling.
Ever wonder why your brake just slammed on by itself? Confusing.
Ever had to take the wheel off your bike to get a jacket out. Aggravating.
Ever see a lace leather jacket? Funny (if it's not yours.)

• captb

Posted May 24, 2006 - 07:51 PM

Close.... I was on the back of a friends Hardley Abelson (he insisted I ride with him on his new turd, :ride: I mean hog) when the #1 ROD shot out the front of the crankcase and locked the motor at WOT=84MPH, it took my idiot friend 10 seconds before he pulled the clutch, a long skid mark and 2am on a back road and my Honda was at home 10 miles away. :banana:

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:11 PM

I got one of those Bull Dog (I think) disc locks. Seems pretty sturdy to me...

My dumbass room mates decided to throw a party when I was gone one time, and tried to move my BRP in the garage. When they did, I don't think that they realized I had the disc lock on there. Banged up the lock a bit, but didn't hurt the bike, and the lock still works.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.