WR exhaust on YZ

6 replies to this topic
  • Riel250f

Posted May 24, 2006 - 05:02 AM

I did a search but found most putting the YZ exhaust on a WR.

My friend want's to quiet his 426 down for neighbors.
Would it work to put a WR exhaust on?
He has a 00' YZ426.

Reason I'm asking is my other friend just bought a 06' Honda 450 quad
and that thing is crazy quiet, restricted, but FAST.

Thanks for any input.

• Frank_z28

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:05 AM

i puted a yz exhaust on my wr 450. if you can put a yz one on wr I guess you can use a wr one on a yz. I'm not sure if you can do the switch for a 426 tho.

• MichielD

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:34 AM

Yes they are interchangable, however jetting maybe required to fine tune performance. I change exhausts back and forth depending on where I'm riding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wobblyknobby

Posted May 28, 2006 - 11:09 PM

how quiet is the wr exhuast? :applause:

• WheelsUp

Posted May 29, 2006 - 02:02 AM

how quiet is the wr exhuast? :applause:

Stock? Extremely quiet (about 86db).
Uncorked? The '04 and older WR exhaust is louder (and heavier) than the YZ.

Uncorking an '05 or '06 gets you into the 96db range, which is a nice reduction from the YZ, and I think you only gain about 3-5 pounds. The old WR exhaust was heavy.

• spyder8850

Posted May 30, 2006 - 10:54 PM

Couldn't agree more! The yz426 pipe is one noisy piece of metal. One yz426 is noisy enough to get you irritated to your balls, try having 2 as your friends! I'm using the yz450 05' model. It's longer and is made of aluminum. The sound is hollow and mild but still have the kind of grunt whilst throttling it hard. But don't know whether its higher than 96db.

• WheelsUp

Posted May 30, 2006 - 11:11 PM

I'm using the yz450 05' model. It's longer and is made of aluminum. The sound is hollow and mild but still have the kind of grunt whilst throttling it hard. But don't know whether its higher than 96db.

YZ's are typically in the 100-105db range.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.