weight loss and suspension?

1 reply to this topic
  • caseyc

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:09 PM

My WR450 is great, most of the time. I have been riding the track alot more lately and looking to drop as much weight as possible with in reason. And by that I mean I am looking to remove as much xtra stuff as possible. I have done all the free mods so the power is pretty good and I am ordering a new pipe. Any other suggestions to make this a better race bike and do better double duty b/w riding at the track and trail riding/racing. Suspension I know is the first course of action. 6-2 215, suggestions on spring rate? Suggestions on the pipe? I'd like to stay relatively inexpensive. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tfitzgerald2

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Do google search on race tech. I am 6'2" 210#. I ordered a 5.6 rear and .48 front. Noticeable improvement. I ordered though dealer and recieved 10% discount over retail web page pricing since I purchased the new bike. Good luck, both springs are easy to replace, you can do it yourself.

Regards
Tim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.