which exhaust for a yz450???

7 replies to this topic
  • elcamino76

Posted May 23, 2006 - 12:09 PM

I realize everyone has probably beat this topic to death, but i will ask the question again. I have a 03 YZ450 with stock exhaust. I am considering either the yoshimura, jardine or GYT-R exhaust. I am looking for an exhaust that would be louder and of course give the bike better power. Just wondering what you guys thought, any input is appreciated.

• SCIENCE

Posted May 23, 2006 - 12:45 PM

I realize everyone has probably beat this topic to death, but i will ask the question again. I have a 03 YZ450 with stock exhaust. I am considering either the yoshimura, jardine or GYT-R exhaust. I am looking for an exhaust that would be louder and of course give the bike better power. Just wondering what you guys thought, any input is appreciated.

I hope you're kidding about a louder pipe! The loud, aftermarket pipes that are over 98db's (95db's shortly!) should be banned. If this keeps up, we won't have many places to ride anymore.
I would bet that less than 5% of the members (& lurkers) on TT can use the stock power of any of the 450's to its full potential. There are many options for low end, mid range & top end. PC/FMF/BigGun etc etc all produce pipes and slip ons that are quieter and improve power. Check back issues of Dirt Rider. I believe they have done some YZF450 pipe shootouts in the past.

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2006 - 12:52 PM

I use the full FMF Ti4 with a Power Bomb header (full 17" can and 1 3/4" outlet). The system works lots better than stock in terms of the power curve, and is very little if any louder than stock.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 23, 2006 - 10:15 PM

I have run the stock, a Dr.D and now an FMF Factory 4.1 carbon. I really think the Dr. D works the best. Plus it has a quiet core, and SA and the full system is around 400 bucks. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 24, 2006 - 06:19 AM

White Bros for me...I just replaced a WB Alum Pro Titanium that is in near perfect condition with new packing for a new WB Alum Pro2 - pm me if you are interested

• elcamino76

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:37 AM

i am not sure how to "pm" (sorry, new) but i am interested in the exhaust. How Much?? Full System?? Any Pics?? thanks

• feti

Posted May 24, 2006 - 10:06 AM

i am not sure how to "pm" (sorry, new) but i am interested in the exhaust. How Much?? Full System?? Any Pics?? thanks

Click the sellers name above and it brings a menu up. Click send private message. That may go to his email too, which is much easier to contact him. Good luck on your purchase.

• mycrx

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:24 PM

http://i39.photobuck...mycrx/mx4-1.jpg

i have that muffler, its a white brothers mx4 slip on, no dents or dings, came off my bike. let me know what would think id sell it for 150. i have tons of vouches on other car forums as well. let me know thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.