Installing a new seat cover on my XR600

4 replies to this topic
  • cleonard

Posted May 23, 2006 - 10:17 AM

What's the general method? Which end to start on, etc. I have yet to put a staple in, but it doesn't seem to want to get tight to the foam where the seat bends upwards at the tank. The foam has come loose from the plastic seat. Should I re-glue it before installing the cover? Am I in for a major wrestling match?

• TREADMARKS

Posted May 23, 2006 - 10:22 AM

What's the general method? Which end to start on, etc. I have yet to put a staple in, but it doesn't seem to want to get tight to the foam where the seat bends upwards at the tank. The foam has come loose from the plastic seat. Should I re-glue it before installing the cover? Am I in for a major wrestling match?

I tried to do my own. :busted:

Then I had a friend come over and try to help. :smirk:

Then I paid a seat guy 20 bucks and he put in on, by himself in about 8 minutes. :banana:

I would have paid 40 bucks just to not to have to mess with it. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:19 PM

lol i actually paid 40 bucs to get my xl500 seat recovered

• lhark

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:37 PM

I brought my first XR600 seat to a local upholstery shop (specializing in cars, boats, etc), and they did the whole thing for $30.00, including the material. I thought they were kidding when they gave me the bill...I hope they still have the same deal going now.

• creeky

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:21 PM

I brought my first XR600 seat to a local upholstery shop (specializing in cars, boats, etc), and they did the whole thing for $30.00, including the material. I thought they were kidding when they gave me the bill...I hope they still have the same deal going now.

I've done the same thing on numerous seats, price varies somewhat with the seat, always better than enduring the monkey/football deal with an aftermarket cover.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.