xr 650l subframe removal

3 replies to this topic
  • elrontx

Posted May 23, 2006 - 04:42 AM

can i remove the subframe and leave the stock fender on?i took off the stock taillight. this might sound like a stupid question but im an idoit when it comes to working on bike thats why i ride the bfp :ride:

• pigryder

Posted May 23, 2006 - 03:29 PM

you should be able to take it off cause I think its main reason for being there is to support the taillight assembly

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:01 PM

If i remember right, the fender has to come off also but I'm not 100% on that. It isnt a typical subframe by any means, you could probably modify it so that you could remove the subframe unit and take off some pounds.

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:59 PM

If you are referring to the bolt on under rear fender brace, I removed it with the original fender in tact, but put a small homemade aluminum brace across the under side between the two end rails. I used this in unison with the Acerbis taillight conversion and did not have a problem.

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.