ORDERED an Acerbies 6.6

73 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted November 21, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Good looking tank pops. Enjoy the range:thumbsup: What radiator braces are those on the rear? My B&B' look completly different.

Did you have the 3.3 Acerbis previously?

• pops 56

Posted November 22, 2006 - 12:33 AM

Thanks Boer. Sorry i thought they were B&B braces and guards they were on the bike when I brought it. My other tank is a acerbis 12ltr .Posted Image

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 22, 2006 - 04:26 AM

[quote name='pops 56']Got mine today :cheers: Took about a 2 hours to fit a bit of fun with my guards had to trim them a bit they were too close to tank for me . I now know what you are talking about after the first ride .Your knees are in the air holes when you try to get forward. But I can live with that for the extra fuel.

You can feel your knees after just a test run, just wait till you are on it for 5-6 hrs... very painful.

• boer

Posted November 29, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Thanks Boer. Sorry i thought they were B&B braces and guards they were on the bike when I brought it. My other tank is a acerbis 12ltr .

Hey pops. The front gaurds are definetly B&B but the rear braces look different. Could you find out who manufactures them? Or is there anyone else here on the forum that recognises them?:worthy:

I really like your braces as they are very flat with the radiator. I want to get the 3.3 tank, but think my currnet setup of brace will touch:banghead:

http://i42.photobuck...50/DSCF0257.jpg
http://i42.photobuck...50/DSCF0237.jpg

• pops 56

Posted November 30, 2006 - 12:27 AM

Thanks Boer .Will try to find out who makes the braces Or there maybe someone else here on the forum that recognises them. Any more pics of the dunes where you ride. looks like a top place to ride.

• boer

Posted November 30, 2006 - 01:04 AM

I'll upload some pics and post when ready:thumbsup:

• boer

Posted November 30, 2006 - 01:33 AM

I'll upload some pics and post when ready:thumbsup:

OK, here are some more pics:ride:

http://s42.photobuck...7/wrUAE/riding/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pops 56

Posted November 30, 2006 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for the pics Boer .Wicked place to ride by the looks .What would a rear paddle tyre be like there .Is there many quads there it would be ideal quad country.

http://s47.photobuck...ps56/?start=all

• boer

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the pics Boer .Wicked place to ride by the looks .What would a rear paddle tyre be like there .Is there many quads there it would be ideal quad country.

http://s47.photobuck...ps56/?start=all

I have considered a paddle, but our riding usually involves around 100km round trip with a variety of terrain, including hard pack and some gravel roads, which eat the paddle very quickly. Usually if we keep the speed up :D with the stock tire we don't have too much of a problem.

This definatelty is quad country. The guys here some how can't seem to stay upright on 2 wheels so they prefer 4 wheels.:worthy:

• pops 56

Posted December 02, 2006 - 06:20 AM

:worthy: First long ride with the new 6.6 tank. Wicked love it .Only probs are having to keep knees out wide when moving forward to clear tank And the weight on the front for the first 100ks or so . Have a bit of a speed wobble now not sure if it is fuel tank or not.

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 02, 2006 - 06:34 AM

:worthy: First long ride with the new 6.6 tank. Wicked love it .Only probs are having to keep knees out wide when moving forward to clear tank And the weight on the front for the first 100ks or so . Have a bit of a speed wobble now not sure if it is fuel tank or not.

I tried to get used to the knee pain and couldnt. The only solution I found was to wear knee pads. Works well because now it doesnt matter how hard they get shoved in those holes. Not sure about your wobble problem. Mine doesnt, but I have always had the scotts stabilizer onit.

John in Vegas

http://i114.photobuc...ep/wr450003.jpg

• distort

Posted April 25, 2007 - 02:21 AM

I bought this tank last year for our ride from the California border down to Cabo and generally only filled it up to about 5 to 5.5 gallons at most and it worked out well. Mounting it took a little time as the seat did not slide back on correctly as the bolt on the tank is about an 1/8 to 1/4 to far back, so a little modification to the bottom of the seat was necessary.

My main concern was the petcock it seems a little exposed and that was definitely on my mind, I fell a few times on that side and nothing happened and was wondering if anybody else has had any problems with this, or am I being paranoid.

• johnnyjeep

Posted April 25, 2007 - 03:31 AM

I bought this tank last year for our ride from the California border down to Cabo and generally only filled it up to about 5 to 5.5 gallons at most and it worked out well. Mounting it took a little time as the seat did not slide back on correctly as the bolt on the tank is about an 1/8 to 1/4 to far back, so a little modification to the bottom of the seat was necessary.

My main concern was the pepcock it seems a little exposed and that was definitely on my mind, I feel a few times on that side and nothing happened and was wondering if anybody else has had any problems with this, or am I being paranoid.

I had the same problem with the fit, but also had to mod the side brackets.

I also was/am concerned about the petcock. After a year and many falls, suprisingly it still not broke

• distort

Posted April 26, 2007 - 01:10 AM

I had the same problem with the fit, but also had to mod the side brackets.

I also was/am concerned about the petcock. After a year and many falls, suprisingly it still not broke

Good to hear that it has not broke off and you have not had any problems, thanks Johnny

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.