ORDERED an Acerbies 6.6

73 replies to this topic
  • yater

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:07 AM

chrispy1202 was kind enough to email me some pics of his Acerbis 6.6 on his 2003 wr450f. He said it was a direct bolt on, with no mods...So this proves that the acerbis tank that is advertised to fit 05-06 ALSO fits 03-04 with no modifications.

I uploaded the pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I also fitted an '04 wr450 with this tank (a friend's bike) in may. There was no modification required. It's a great tank

• windaddiction

Posted September 02, 2006 - 08:59 AM

awesome I got mine on order.... now I can finally do the long trips with hte KLRS :thumbsup:

• johnnyjeep

Posted September 02, 2006 - 04:35 PM

Ive got that tank on my 06, but it didnt go on as smoothly as everyone elses. also, those holes on the sides for the air to go through will bang the crap out of your knees, my solution was to get knee pads. also, the bike turns into a different beast when that tank is full, get used to it before you get crazy with it.

• Bullwinkle

Posted September 02, 2006 - 06:00 PM

it beats stuffing THREE gatorade bottles full of fuel into my camelback!!!!

ARin - How long does it take for gasoline to eat through a Gatorade bottle?
:thumbsup:

• pops 56

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:26 AM

:cheers: My 6.6 will arrive this week :p Has anyone put a graphic kit on there tank yet .Would like to see some pics to see what to get .

• boer

Posted November 18, 2006 - 07:57 AM

:cheers: My 6.6 will arrive this week :p Has anyone put a graphic kit on there tank yet .Would like to see some pics to see what to get .

Hey pops,

what rad gaurds you got? Do you know of anyone in australia with the B&B rad gaurds and the 6.6 tank?

• pops 56

Posted November 19, 2006 - 01:40 AM

Hi boer. I have the b&b guards on my wr with the 12 ltr tank. I am sure That you don't need them with the 25 ltr tank. When my tank arrives i will try to fit it with the guards and let you know if they fit . Cheers Ian

• boer

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Hi boer. I have the b&b guards on my wr with the 12 ltr tank. I am sure That you don't need them with the 25 ltr tank. When my tank arrives i will try to fit it with the guards and let you know if they fit . Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian, looking forward to that. Maybe you could post some pics. :cheers: I love the idea of the 6.6 tank but also love my rad guards which cost me an arm and leg to get and I don't particularly want to part with them.:p

If they fit I may have to look closely at getting one...:bonk:

• MountainMax

Posted November 19, 2006 - 01:13 PM

got it yet?
how far would you be able to drive now?

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:45 PM

http://i114.photobuc...ep/55c4399e.jpg
http://i114.photobuc...ep/60629002.jpg
Ive got the see tru type. Took a while to get used to it, it is HUGE! Kinda sucks to have to haul that much gas on the trail, 3 or 4 gals, the weight is ok, like stock, after that be careful, the bike is heavy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pops 56

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:28 AM

No not here yet MountainMax .7 of us went for a run yesterday 180 km each way i got there with 1/4 inch of fuel left in my tank. I had to top up half way there with a 1.2 litre bottle .The 600tt the 600xr and the 650r as well as a ktm 525?all had big tanks they all had plenty of fuel left. I cant wait for our next ride with the larger tank, some people are getting close to 300 km with the larger tanks. That will suit our rides around here.

yater has your mate said anything about getting a graphics kit for his tank. Or needing stronger front springs?

johnnyjeep Do you think my bike will need stronger front springs ? Do you ride in any soft sand as that is where a lot of our riding is done .:cheers:

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 20, 2006 - 07:00 AM

we ride a little bit of everything. It does fine in the sand, but on the other hand, I rarely fill it all the way up. As for the springs, mine are still stock and does ok

• MountainMax

Posted November 20, 2006 - 08:41 AM

WoW, that tank is huge......

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 20, 2006 - 09:08 AM

mad max is right, it is HUGE, but on the other hand, if you only put , say 2-3 gals in it, the weight is lower than stock. I have dumped my bike plenty of times and those big wings act like rad. guards, at least so far. I am happy with the tank itself, but mine doesnt fit right, the petcock leaks, and without knee pads, I cant ride it cause my knees are in the air holes. I had to fabricate a bracket to get the seat on. Acerbis isnt too concerned with my problem, because I seem to be the only one who seems to have this problem.
http://i114.photobuc...ep/60712002.jpg
I had to move the seat "pin" up about 1/2 an inch.

John in Vegas

• spidennis

Posted November 20, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I wonder if this tank will fit the 250? I want to use my 03'WR250F on the "TAT" and I need range, lots of it!
got a thread going on the dualsport/adventure forum if you want to know more .......

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:00 PM

I wonder if this tank will fit the 250? I want to use my 03'WR250F on the "TAT" and I need range, lots of it!
got a thread going on the dualsport/adventure forum if you want to know more .......

What kind of mpg do you get? I dont think the wr is really what you want for tat.I wanted to do it with my 450, but the DRs get 2x the mileage and 6.6 gals weighs alot! My WR will still lift the front end up, no problem, but full the weight is HEAVY

• spidennis

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:22 PM

What kind of mpg do you get? I dont think the wr is really what you want for tat.I wanted to do it with my 450, but the DRs get 2x the mileage and 6.6 gals weighs alot! My WR will still lift the front end up, no problem, but full the weight is HEAVY

http://www.sporttour....e_safari2.html
this is a 6.8 gallon tank x 36 mpg (hard beach/sand riding) = range of 245 miles
this has got to be plenty of range to find a real gas pump, don't you think?
guessing I'd need stiffer springs in the forks though .....
but the 6.8 Aqualine is expensive!
could buy 2 Acerbis 6.6 tanks for one aqualine ........

• MountainMax

Posted November 20, 2006 - 02:43 PM

the DR's might get twice the milage but only 1/2 the power.......

• johnnyjeep

Posted November 20, 2006 - 09:43 PM

properly set up, the DR isnt bad, not a WR, but respectable. I only get 25-30 mpg. I looked at the aqualine, and the only differnce I saw was it had a piece of plastic to keep your knees out of the openings. Nice, but not worth the extra $300. Did you see their 4 gal tank? I like that.

John in Vegas

• pops 56

Posted November 21, 2006 - 03:08 AM

Got mine today :cheers: Took about a 2 hours to fit a bit of fun with my guards had to trim them a bit they were too close to tank for me . I now know what you are talking about after the first ride .Your knees are in the air holes when you try to get forward. But I can live with that for the extra fuel. With 13 litres of fuel it seems to handle better than the old tank with 12 litres .See how it goes on a run on the weekend . Needs a graphic Kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.