ORDERED an Acerbies 6.6

73 replies to this topic
  • giraffe

Posted May 24, 2006 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image

ARin, I'm glad you're getting one. I may or may not be able to hold out until I see pics of yours.

Others, I talked yesterday with the Acerbis rep. He said the don't wait for it to come off back-order. They'll sell out quick. I believe him.

-Scott :ride:

• ARin

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:20 PM

6.6 gallons of gas...GPS...sat phone...ARin's avatar.

Man, a guy could do some crazy exploring, and live to talk about it :ride:

haha! thats what im talking BOUT!
by this time next year, ill be ready for Dakar! :banana:

• chrispy1202

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:52 PM

I will send some pictures to you this evening when i get home from work.
Cheers
Chris.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted May 24, 2006 - 02:26 PM

I just Dual Sported my WR and this does look like the best option for those long adventures. Only a couple bolts to go back to the stock tank for close trails.

• Ibis

Posted May 25, 2006 - 08:52 AM

Regardless of which brand, it should look close to this Aqualine 26 liter (6.8gallons)

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:13 AM

Regardless of which brand, it should look close to this Aqualine 26 liter (6.8gallons)

Posted Image

Shrouds are part of the tank, cool :ride: That might be worth it just so I don't have to keep replacing broken shrouds :banana:

• ARin

Posted May 25, 2006 - 11:44 AM

I will send some pictures to you this evening when i get home from work.
Cheers
Chris.

no pictures yet :ride:

• ARin

Posted May 25, 2006 - 11:09 PM

chrispy1202 was kind enough to email me some pics of his Acerbis 6.6 on his 2003 wr450f. He said it was a direct bolt on, with no mods...So this proves that the acerbis tank that is advertised to fit 05-06 ALSO fits 03-04 with no modifications.

I uploaded the pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Guirey

Posted May 25, 2006 - 11:37 PM

That is one BIG tank, any worries about it getting in the way or punching a hole in it were the shrouds would be?

• J_DOGG

Posted May 26, 2006 - 03:57 AM

whats the deal with the other one that is only 3.3 gallons or something...

Does it requier different shouds? I thought I read a while back that some required using the YZ shrouds?

3.3 would be perfect for me but I don't wnat to buy a bunch on other plastic to make my bike look normal again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pops 56

Posted May 26, 2006 - 05:10 AM

Thank you for the pics and info :banana: .I cant wait to fit mine. No more coke bottles for fuel for me :ride: .Thank you .

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 26, 2006 - 07:34 AM

What about radiator guards? Doesn't really look like you would need them any more :ride: Just put the stock louvers back on?

• byggd

Posted May 26, 2006 - 07:39 AM

That is one BIG tank, any worries about it getting in the way or punching a hole in it were the shrouds would be?

I was wondering the same thing. How durable are they? I would be worried about (because I fall a lot :ride: ) having a rock punch a hole in one of the winged areas when miles from nowhere :banana:

• Ibis

Posted May 26, 2006 - 08:15 AM

KTM has used the Acerbis tank/shroud combo on some of their 4 strokes since 2000. I used it on my 01 and current 05. It's got alot of scratches on the wings, but no punctures.
Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 26, 2006 - 09:16 AM

I have actually seen some one bend out and back one of the KTM MXC tanks that incorporate the shroud area. It bent back in shape with some noticeable creases but no leaks! :ride:

• spencenaz

Posted May 26, 2006 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for posting those pics. I think I might have to go ahead and do this too.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 26, 2006 - 01:04 PM

chrispy1202 was kind enough to email me some pics of his Acerbis 6.6 on his 2003 wr450f. He said it was a direct bolt on, with no mods...So this proves that the acerbis tank that is advertised to fit 05-06 ALSO fits 03-04 with no modifications.

I uploaded the pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

That thing is SWEET!!!! :ride: It's about time :banana:

• ARin

Posted May 26, 2006 - 01:29 PM

That thing is SWEET!!!! :ride: It's about time :busted:

thats what i think...looks awesome...way better than the aqualine model. and just think of the places we can go with 6.6 gallons Dan!!!! :banana:

• chrispy1202

Posted May 26, 2006 - 09:41 PM

I crashed on may way to work one day (great tank slapper), the bike impact was directly onto the top corner of the 6.6 Gal tank and all that happend was that it got a few scratches. The two plastic mounts that connect the tank to the frame broke, but thankfully that was it. :ride: It opens the door to a lot of back country exploring.
Cheers
Chrispy1202

• pops 56

Posted August 09, 2006 - 04:40 AM

Just tanks just emailed me saying that the 6.6 tank that i payed for 2 months ago won't be available till the 10th months . I am getting a refund and then i will try to work out how to buy one on TT. Bummer

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.