What do you call this?

9 replies to this topic
  • thealexdexter

Posted May 22, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I'm looking for bent steel tubing(or aluminum channel) that the front wheel goes into for a flat bed(or really low wall) trailer. I don't seem to be calling the right thing when I'm searching for them.

Tie down cleat
motorcycle rail

Anyone know what to call it or where to buy some?

• Reyndogg

Posted May 22, 2006 - 07:50 PM

chock

ie, these:
http://www.rockymoun...52&navType=type

• thealexdexter

Posted May 22, 2006 - 08:05 PM

ding ding ding

we have a winner!

Thanks! :ride:

• Bigcr

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:29 AM

Bike shoe.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted May 23, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Go for a "pop" chock. Really functional and not in the way when not in use.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vorra65

Posted May 23, 2006 - 08:10 AM

These will be the chock of choice for my next trailer-

Recessed wheel chock

• Butta

Posted May 24, 2006 - 05:40 AM

These will be the chock of choice for my next trailer-

Recessed wheel chock

Hmmm....that doesn't look like it has a whole lot of support for a big bike...notice the picture has what looks to be a scooter front tire in it. I would do a little research on that one before I spend the $103 for it. For a 21" front tire, it would look like the tire would contact the front support way up high (compared to the scooter tire) and would therefore create more of a strain on the aluminum where it's hinged to the floor mount. I would think a rear support arm opposite the tire would be necessary to trust it.

• vorra65

Posted May 24, 2006 - 06:12 AM

Hmmm....that doesn't look like it has a whole lot of support for a big bike...notice the picture has what looks to be a scooter front tire in it. I would do a little research on that one before I spend the $103 for it. For a 21" front tire, it would look like the tire would contact the front support way up high (compared to the scooter tire) and would therefore create more of a strain on the aluminum where it's hinged to the floor mount. I would think a rear support arm opposite the tire would be necessary to trust it.

Yah, I noticed that they did have a scooter pictured with the flip up chock. As far as support, I wouldn't have a problem using one of those. I think they would work fine for the application they were designed for. Mounted in a trailer, with the front tire snugged up-by using a tie down's . I would also secure the back of the bike somehow, to keep it from moving around.

Blingstar makes one as well-
Blingstar chock

Interesting thread about tiedowns

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted May 24, 2006 - 07:27 AM

I have a toy hauler and use pop chocks for both front and rear tires. Remove when you're at your destination and viola more floor space. They are also less expensive than those recessed ones.

• vorra65

Posted May 24, 2006 - 08:06 AM

I have a toy hauler and use pop chocks for both front and rear tires. Remove when you're at your destination and viola more floor space. They are also less expensive than those recessed ones.

How bout some pic's of your setup?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.