WR 450F new 2005

3 replies to this topic
  • sxrstuart

Posted May 22, 2006 - 11:48 AM

i am just about to buy a new 2005 WR 450F with full road kit, i am going to use the bike on & off road.
How often should i change the oil & filter if i am riding on the road?
any other help would be great!

• odonnks

Posted May 22, 2006 - 04:37 PM

Road use will be harder on the engine since you'll likely run longer as sustained higher RPMS.
I ride trails only and change every 100 mi. I thinks it's a bit more than necessary but I'd do at least that at first and watch the oil for particles.
These things don't hold much oil. It'd be nice if someone made a external add on tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nitronaf

Posted May 23, 2006 - 03:03 AM

i ride my motarded wr as a daily commuter
i change my oil whenever it starts to go dark brown
which is anywhere between 400 - 600 km/filter every 2nd (mostly a week or shorter)
average speed is 65kmh with alot of 80kmh freeway time (im geared so i lug in 5th @ 60kmh)
all good so far with 5000+ km
running motul 10/40 synth

1 day at the track or in the bush my oil is toasted pretty darn fast
i really dont see how road use is harder on engine, on the other hand the long wheelies cant be good :ride:

• JayJayUK

Posted May 23, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Snap Ive had my '05 Wr450f 2 weeks now, it to had road kit. I have only done 37 miles so far as I had to wait for exhaust can, jettting kit etc.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.