Wheel Bearings and E-bay, aaargh...

4 replies to this topic
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 22, 2006 - 11:23 AM

Well, I just replaced my second set of wheel bearings in less than 6 months. I bought both sets from reputable E-bay dealer "ATV Unlimited". They have a good seller rating and advertise the bearings as being double sealed and heavy duty. Bulls :ride: t!!! I am going back to Pivot Works for good, $14.00 wheel bearing sets ARE to good to be true.

I'm not an idiot or a newb, I know how to install bearings and my hubs are in impecable shape. All I can think is these things are made in china out of recycled materials probably old volkswagen fenders or something :banana:

Just a warning to those of you considering these bearings.

I just got some ALLBALLZ for my son's RM and they were priced pretty good, anyone have luck with these?

I can't imagine there being too many different bearing producers out there but I have a sense that there are differences in raw materials and production techniques.....

• RichBaker

Posted May 22, 2006 - 02:50 PM

It's a lot cheaper and easier to just go to the local bearing jobber and buy top quality, in town. No shipping, you get them right now and you can usually choose between 3-4 brands...I never buy bearings from the dealer, or ebay, too expensive, in more ways than one!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 23, 2006 - 06:55 AM

It's a lot cheaper and easier to just go to the local bearing jobber and buy top quality, in town. No shipping, you get them right now and you can usually choose between 3-4 brands...I never buy bearings from the dealer, or ebay, too expensive, in more ways than one!

Good advice, thanks Rich :ride:

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 23, 2006 - 08:09 AM

this is the absolute truth. :ride:

• BEAN329

Posted May 25, 2006 - 10:12 PM

This is true. A lot of the time they can match OEM brand. The double sealed ones are great. The other thing I do is pop one seal off and pack some extra grease inside and pop the seal back on. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.