any cheap mod's for a yz426?

5 replies to this topic
  • getdrunk

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:09 AM

are their any motor mods i can do that arnt to expensive? is their like a timing key i can buy?

• kawirider

Posted May 22, 2006 - 07:06 AM

Cams-$350
iCat-$200
Thats all that I can think of. You really dont want to do major motor mods unless you are willing to put up with paying for race gas and rebuildilng the top end every 40 hours. Your best bet is intake mods. Like a jet kit, power now wings, and a boyesen accelerator pump cover. Any time you start doing motor mods to a 4 stroke (other then big bore) you are looking at a lot of money intially and a lot of money in maintenance.

• xnofriendsx

Posted May 22, 2006 - 10:09 AM

kawirider,
Never heard of the icat until you just wrote about it. I saw it for sale, but no reviews on it. Is it pretty good?
What are your technical opinions. If you could elaborate more that would be great.
Thanks,
Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • getdrunk

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:06 AM

kawirider,
Never heard of the icat until you just wrote about it. I saw it for sale, but no reviews on it. Is it pretty good?
What are your technical opinions. If you could elaborate more that would be great.
Thanks,
Brian

thats what i was wondering. i heard of the icat but i dont think it would do to much good except help stop you from fouling plugs. but who knows.

• jamieyz426f01

Posted May 23, 2006 - 02:06 PM

i think the I-cat gives you a stronger spark for longer.
p.s the bk mod is good if you have that pesky bog on the bottom, details can be found if you search :ride:

• getdrunk

Posted May 24, 2006 - 05:06 AM

i think the I-cat gives you a stronger spark for longer.
p.s the bk mod is good if you have that pesky bog on the bottom, details can be found if you search :ride:

well the only thing it claimes to give better throtol response and that if the jetting is off it will burn up the extra fuel and stop plugs from fouling. i think ill be getting one cause if my plug fouls i have to rip the quad all apart to get at the plug cause its like 1inch below the gas tank.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.