trailtech speedo

25 replies to this topic
  • grreatdog

Posted June 09, 2006 - 03:01 PM

I was all set to try and order the Service Honda ultimate speedo. How does this Vapor compare? Besides being $50 less expensive if it sells for $99.

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:04 PM

Guys,

I've had a Vapor test unit in my hands for the past 2 months. It is a sweet unit. I have been working with them to get an oil temp senser for the XR's. I've got the Vapor on my 450X and it has been through several races and several hundred miles of trails.

It uses the same magnetic pick-up as the Endurance and Lynx. Max speed, total distance, Total time which is activated by the ignition so it is an actual hour meter. Adjustable shift and redline LEDs. Adjustable Temp warning LEDs.

It is roughly the same size as the Lynx. The Tach is a sweep and has a digital read out as well. Clock and ambient air temp.

I'm going to be sending it in for them to check a few of the circuits out and they will hopefully have an oil temp sensor figured out soon so I can get it on the 600.

Oh yea, The back light uses bike power. Much better than the Endurance. Its on all the time. If you have a battery you can hook it up directly and it will turn itself on with engine start up or front wheel movement and then the backlight will turn off after a few minutes. If it isn't wired to battery power but to switched power it turns off after less time to save unit battery.

It may be taking them longer to release than we all would like but if it means less issues down the road for use the end user than I'm all for it.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have I been paid by Trailtech.

Just incase some of you were wondering.

It looks like it's going to be a great unit.

So when are they going to release it with oil temp senser all dialed in. Maybe they should see this post and relay thier information etc. I will need one soon for dual sporting the pig... :applause:

• Brian Wilson

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:17 PM

I'll be testing a Vapor on the TT DRZ pretty soon.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works.

FYI...the TT store sells all Trail Tech stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650r_Maine

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:45 PM

I'll be testing a Vapor on the TT DRZ pretty soon.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works.

FYI...the TT store sells all Trail Tech stuff.

Did`nt see the Vapor there, the prices were the same as anybody`s the endurance model that is...The Vapor goes for 99.00 how much on TT?

• destroyer_au

Posted June 20, 2006 - 01:02 PM

trailtech.net are shipping vapor now ;p

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 20, 2006 - 02:13 PM

trailtech.net are shipping vapor now ;p

Ordered mine today, She said it should be here on the east coast in about a week :excuseme:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.