trailtech speedo

25 replies to this topic
  • pbusanga

Posted May 22, 2006 - 04:58 AM

i understand the new vepour from trailtech is out. has anyone tried it yet. where can i get one

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 22, 2006 - 07:13 AM

i understand the new vepour from trailtech is out. has anyone tried it yet. where can i get one

available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...

stock response I get whenever I contact them.

I am ready to give up on them.

• Tugsy

Posted May 22, 2006 - 10:52 AM

Heres is what I did cheap...bought trailtech magnet and lower mount to front caliber for 23 bucks and mounted it. Bought a digital bike speedo for Schwinn bike at Walmart for 10 bucks. Spliced the wire from trail tech to digital speedo and made small bracket to attach to stock mount plate. Now I have MPH, ODO, Trip Distance, Clock , Ride Time, Average Speed and Max Speed readout all in one nice package. total cost about 45 bucks.

• TimBrp

Posted May 22, 2006 - 11:13 AM

Anyone looking for a Trailtech unit(brand new, never used) and the billet mount?

• Pilate74

Posted May 22, 2006 - 01:40 PM

Anyone looking for a Trailtech unit(brand new, never used) and the billet mount?

I need one, how much?

• hill5150

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I have one slightly used 40 bucks?

• pbusanga

Posted May 23, 2006 - 09:16 AM

not too interested in the speedo side of things am interested in tachometer and temp functions..although it is nice to have the speedo/odo in same package
TRAILTECH.......still waiting :ride:

• DGA

Posted May 23, 2006 - 09:29 AM

How much you want for it?

• DGA

Posted May 23, 2006 - 09:30 AM

What kind of condition is yours in? and does it come with the billet mount?

• Kenaroo

Posted May 23, 2006 - 11:45 AM

available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...
available next month...

stock response I get whenever I contact them.

I am ready to give up on them.

Don't give up.. they have treated me really great.. I inquired about the lynx computer and they said it wasn't availible yet.. I asked them to contact me when ready.. and they did. They called my cell phone and said they just got them in if I was still interested.. I got it in 3 days.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted May 23, 2006 - 04:51 PM

[quote name='DGA']How much you want for it?[/QUO
.....works great.....40.00 I have GPS now :ride:

• hill5150

Posted May 23, 2006 - 05:27 PM

What kind of condition is yours in? and does it come with the billet mount?

No billet mount great condition............ :ride:

• destroyer_au

Posted May 24, 2006 - 08:36 PM

I asked them today about the 'Vapor', they should be shipping next week, price is $99USD, accepting international orders.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 25, 2006 - 02:36 AM

I asked them today about the 'Vapor', they should be shipping next week, price is $99USD, accepting international orders.

knee slapper! :ride:

yeah, they told me that one too! :banana:

two months ago.

• destroyer_au

Posted May 28, 2006 - 07:48 PM

knee slapper! :applause:

yeah, they told me that one too! :D

two months ago.

They told you it would be released in may two months ago? :prof:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:06 AM

They told you it would be released in may two months ago? :applause:

I contacted them via phone in late March and left my contact info.

"more info next week"

next week came and went.

I contacted them again via phone in the beginning of April, and again left my contact info.

"more info next week"

next week came and went.

I contacted them again in the middle of April.

AT last! Shipping in about a week, I was to call back and place order.

I called back to place order, "Will be shipping May 1st" but not yet accepting orders. Ok, makes sense, no orders until they have them, so i typed out the questions i had for them about it, and emailed them about it. (as agreed on the phone)

No response.

I emailed them AGAIN with a few questions and a purchase request.

No response.

I last emailed them on May 10th, still no response...

I give up.

So yeah, They did say in May. On the 1st of May to be EXACT. It is nearly June.

I am fully aware that suppliers are less than reliable, but stop telling me "next week" repeatedly when you have no answer. If they had just told me that they where having trouble obtaining them, and it may be some time, i could have accepted that. Now i am just thrown off, and looking for another option.

• MindBlower

Posted May 30, 2006 - 04:45 PM

I have a never used billet mount if anybodies interested. $30+ SHIPPING.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted June 08, 2006 - 12:02 PM

Is it going to use the same sender and magnet as the endurance? If so SOLD! well, as soon as it materilizes!

I have the Endurance on my XR600R and only like it OK. It has a lame backlight, and doesn't allow you to configure the screen to read what you want it to. I would love it if all it read was apeed, and total miles with a push button getting you to the ODO or maybe add odo to the readout but only those things. I don;t need to know ride time and the total miles keeps re-setting every so often.

• southcamp1

Posted June 08, 2006 - 01:41 PM

I just hooked up my Endurance and set all the parameters but I don't have mph. I think the sensor is ok but I am not sure now (Its slightly offset-not to much of a spot to mount it around the caliper). Anything obvious that I am missing. Thanks

• Boy Honda

Posted June 09, 2006 - 11:20 AM

Guys,

I've had a Vapor test unit in my hands for the past 2 months. It is a sweet unit. I have been working with them to get an oil temp senser for the XR's. I've got the Vapor on my 450X and it has been through several races and several hundred miles of trails.

It uses the same magnetic pick-up as the Endurance and Lynx. Max speed, total distance, Total time which is activated by the ignition so it is an actual hour meter. Adjustable shift and redline LEDs. Adjustable Temp warning LEDs.

It is roughly the same size as the Lynx. The Tach is a sweep and has a digital read out as well. Clock and ambient air temp.

I'm going to be sending it in for them to check a few of the circuits out and they will hopefully have an oil temp sensor figured out soon so I can get it on the 600.

Oh yea, The back light uses bike power. Much better than the Endurance. Its on all the time. If you have a battery you can hook it up directly and it will turn itself on with engine start up or front wheel movement and then the backlight will turn off after a few minutes. If it isn't wired to battery power but to switched power it turns off after less time to save unit battery.

It may be taking them longer to release than we all would like but if it means less issues down the road for use the end user than I'm all for it.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have I been paid by Trailtech.

Just incase some of you were wondering.

It looks like it's going to be a great unit.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.