skid plates and radiator guards for wr426

4 replies to this topic
  • H20Pumper

Posted October 28, 2001 - 08:52 AM

Does anybody have any new info and likes/dislikes about skid plates and radiator guards?? Are the Devol radiator guards used in addition with something like the works braces??Thanks

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 28, 2001 - 12:12 PM

First off, get a FULL COVERAGE skid plate, one that completely covers your frame rails AND water pump.

I have heard Flatline Racing makes a good rad guard. My rad guards wrap around the front, side and back of my radiator. I thought I had bought it from BajaRacing...(?) I know they were sold out of them for awhile. They could not keep up w/ demand.

I will check when I get home from work today, Sunday, and post if I find out anything better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted October 28, 2001 - 07:39 PM

I'm using the Works Connection Rad Gaurds (saved me once) and a DH1 skid plate. Check out Located in Carson City, NV. Run by Dave Hamel good people do deal with. :)

• crazyadam

Posted October 29, 2001 - 04:17 AM

the E-line carbon fiber skid plate has worked great for me! light and looks good, the fit is incredable. and I have also had great luck with the devol rad guards.... I put them on and have not crashed yet :) knock on wood!! they do look and feel like they will more than do their job!

• Tree_Crippler

Posted October 29, 2001 - 05:03 AM

I have the GYT-R skid plate. It bolts into you original mount holes and covers everything.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.