WR450F key switch

3 replies to this topic
  • JayJayUK

Posted May 22, 2006 - 03:16 AM

Hi guys, I have just ordered a keyed ignition switch and green led from a company called RS Componants (£65 UK). So will be attempting to make my own mounting plate and wire to existing bike system this week.....wish me luck. (keep getting told ''plumbers shouldnt touch electrics'')

• farkawi

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:19 AM

Yeah, water and electricity.....and don't you use 240 volts for all domestic power in the UK? Honestly though it should be easy. Some time ago there was a post with a wiring diagram for wiring in an ignition switch and other street goodies, but I've lost the link.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted May 22, 2006 - 05:57 AM

Keep us posted with PIC when done. It may help others who follow suit and start to do their own mods.
Also put up a link to the RS mob...if you have it.
Good luck, if you run into difficulties just ask for help. :ride:

• spick

Posted May 22, 2006 - 12:05 PM

My ignition should be in this week as well. I'll try to document the process when I install it and post up here too. I don't imagine it being difficult, though I want to make a decent mounting bracket. That will probably take the most time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.