Need a quieter bike...FAST!!

7 replies to this topic
  • phatcat99

Posted May 21, 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hey guys, you've really helped me in the past and need to lean on you again. I've got a 06 WR450F with a FMF Factory 4 exhaust. This bike is very loud and I'm going to White Rock Arkansas this weekend. First, does anybody know if there's a noise limit there? If so, what would you suggest to get this bike below the noise limit. I've checked the FMF website but nothing jumps out as far as a silencer. If anyone could post a link I would greatly appreciate it. I've got to get this thing quieter by Friday night. Any help would be awesome!! :ride:

• phatcat99

Posted May 21, 2006 - 07:32 PM

I found it....had to look a little deeper on FMF website. Sorry for jerkin' everyones chain.

• OneToGo

Posted May 21, 2006 - 08:31 PM

And....what did you find ?? :ride:

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 21, 2006 - 09:45 PM

And....what did you find ?? :ride:

Probably the Q2

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phatcat99

Posted May 22, 2006 - 03:39 AM

https://www.fmfracin...5&ItemID=040232

• Richard Kite

Posted May 23, 2006 - 09:11 PM

I have the Q2 and it is not very quiet ! I was at Gorman and road in a enduro and did not pass the sound test 96db was the limt an they gave 2db I came in at 99.8 :ride: so I had to stuff steel wool to pass wr did not like it!

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted May 23, 2006 - 11:30 PM

for me the louder the better!

• MojaveThumper

Posted May 24, 2006 - 04:02 AM

WOW, they test you there?

Cali is getting bad.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.