06 450 slip-on exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • ellis269

Posted May 21, 2006 - 03:54 PM

I crashed my bike yesterday and ruined my exhaust. All I want to put on is a slip-on,already has plenty of power. I am looking for a slip-on that is not too loud,close to stock. Thinking about the FMF 4.1. I could always add a mega bomb later. Thanks for any help,did a search but didnt come up with much.

• mlight9

Posted May 22, 2006 - 09:38 AM

They just did a test on pipes in the new Dirt rider they used a KX 450. I know it's the wrong bike but they tested a bunch of different pipes. Good Luck

• Reyndogg

Posted May 22, 2006 - 09:53 AM

I have the Factory 4.1. I like it a lot. Much smaller than stock, looks/sounds better for sure.

It's a bit pricy with the ti mid pipe for some people. FMF makes a powercore ti (for ~$299) that looks good for much less coin.

• kpflyingv

Posted May 22, 2006 - 12:36 PM

I use the FMF Powercore Ti and it's great. Quiet too.

• aedwards07

Posted May 22, 2006 - 12:56 PM

I have the Factory 4.1 and its a really nice pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mitocross

Posted May 23, 2006 - 11:33 PM

Do some of you guys use the FMF 4.1 Carbon slip-on? I have an order on one for months now and it doesn't arive.
Do you see them in shops in the US or does FMF have a problem producing them?
Thank you for any info :ride:

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:30 PM

The 4.1 is louder. If you want a pipe that sounds really close to stock, get the GYTR. However, do a search and you'll find that most people disliked the GYTR exhausts on the previous model-year YZF's. For 2006 they are all new. Check them out:

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:32 PM

There are a few different systems to choose from, reasonably priced:

• dbehr624

Posted May 24, 2006 - 04:58 PM

From what i hear, get the GYTR. I have talked to some guys at the local dealer, which also sell other brands, and they said that the GYTR is the way to go!!! :ride:

• Fastdaddy

Posted May 24, 2006 - 05:43 PM

If you haven't got the carbon fiber can yet, I would try the aluminum one the carbon fiber looks cool but they are not really all there cracked up to be when it comes to durability.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 24, 2006 - 10:36 PM

I have a Carbon 4.1. Its awesome. It has taken some nasty crashes. Good as new. I ordered mine in Febraury, got it in like a week. :ride:

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.