06 YZ450 Head Pipe Color!!! DEEP PURPLE

7 replies to this topic
  • shigbie

Posted May 21, 2006 - 02:42 PM

Got an 06 450 and the thing runs great. No popping, hesitation...nothing. But the head pipe is seriously purple. I've had a 99, 01 yz426, an 03 crf450 and none of them were like this. I am a 35 plus (very soon to be 40) and not a rever but I do hit some upper R's.

Going to get some head temperatures this week with an infrared gage.

The jetting is stock, never over heated... any harm in running it????

What jets Should I change if it runs good?

• FFRacing79

Posted May 21, 2006 - 02:44 PM

Ain't Titanium AWSOME!!

• GRANTurismo

Posted May 21, 2006 - 02:50 PM

ive seen the but it was on the wr450, pipe glowing hot after a ride but it ran good. same motor and everything but since it was more of an offroad biek compared to motocross it had a smog pump. the pipe, header and intake either made it really hot or detonate in the header. anyways we just crimped the smog lines, and there is also a smog system elimination kit. dont know if this is your problem but it may help.

• motobark

Posted May 21, 2006 - 03:08 PM

My headpipe is blue and my midpipe is purple, most likely because of different alloys of the Titanium. Or maybe just the difference in temps between the headpipe and midpipe. That would make sense, blue must mean it's getting hotter.:ride:

Don't worry about it, it's pretty much normal. I'm not sure it's going to tell you much about the jetting, at least on a dirtbike.

I'm running stock main (165) and a 45 pilot, mostly around 700 to 3000 feet. I just rode between 3500 and 6500 feet and it ran pretty good at that jetting. Slightly rich in the middle at 5000 feet and up, but not that bad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shigbie

Posted May 21, 2006 - 04:33 PM

My headpipe is blue and my midpipe is purple, most likely because of different alloys of the Titanium. Or maybe just the difference in temps between the headpipe and midpipe. That would make sense, blue must mean it's getting hotter.:ride:

Don't worry about it, it's pretty much normal. I'm not sure it's going to tell you much about the jetting, at least on a dirtbike.

I'm running stock main (165) and a 45 pilot, mostly around 700 to 3000 feet. I just rode between 3500 and 6500 feet and it ran pretty good at that jetting. Slightly rich in the middle at 5000 feet and up, but not that bad.

Didn't remenber about the alloy...But it is defiantely darker than any I have seen...

Man, I must just be on the Gas!

• RoughR1der

Posted May 21, 2006 - 04:35 PM

Got an 06 450 and the thing runs great. No popping, hesitation...nothing. But the head pipe is seriously purple. I've had a 99, 01 yz426, an 03 crf450 and none of them were like this. I am a 35 plus (very soon to be 40) and not a rever but I do hit some upper R's.

Going to get some head temperatures this week with an infrared gage.

The jetting is stock, never over heated... any harm in running it????

What jets Should I change if it runs good?

diff metal = diff color. its normal, i think it looks cool, matches the bike :ride:

if it aint broke dont fix it, so no need to change ur jets.

• JRozman

Posted May 21, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I was on the starting gate this weekend next to a yz250f (30+ open) and looked down to see about 3 inches of his head pipe glowing red hot!!!! It was at night, under the lights , and his bike was only running for a little over 2 minutes.

I guess thats normal. I am new to 4 strokes so I thought something was wrong.

• MJC476

Posted May 22, 2006 - 01:59 AM

My header pipe is a deep purple & the exhaust sounds like Wa wa wah, wa wa wa waaah. Should I check the radiator for smoke on the water :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.