Sprocket bolts gone

2 replies to this topic
  • JRAMBO

Posted May 21, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Has any body completely lost you spockets bolts I got done riding yesterday I only had three left out of the six I check them regulary and put red lock tight on them to they were brand new.I figured one of them would get jammed in the chain guide but guess not.At least there was know other damage. :ride: :busted: :banana: Make sure you check them a lot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odonnks

Posted May 21, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Have you replaced the sprocket lately? I wouldn't expect to loose that many in one ride. Were they torqued?
Ever since racing karts I got into the habit of using Loctite blue on every nut/bolt I I turn.
Be sure to closely inspect the sprocket hub, With half missing I'd expect to see a bit of 'wallering' around the holes which will accelerate future problems.

• Jaycycle

Posted May 21, 2006 - 02:19 PM

:ride: Once after I recently put on new sprockets one bolt fell off and got caught between the sprocket and swing arm. It ripped a little whole in the swing arm but wasnt too bad and wasnt near a weld or any thing. So it's still their.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.