'00 YZ426 engine froze up

7 replies to this topic
  • bowhunter2221975

Posted May 21, 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hey, does anyone have any ideas of what could cause my engine to just freeze up. I have an '01 YZ426. The bike was running fine, then it just froze. No preceding strange noises or anything. My buddy filled it with 110 octane racing fuel (unbeknownst to me!). Could this be the cause? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

• obxnc

Posted May 21, 2006 - 04:26 PM

If you can't kick it over with the decompression lever pulled, then it probably is the connecting rod bearing. I just replaced my whole crankshaft assembly because of that very problem. The good thing is that it is relatively easy to do yourself.

• getdrunk

Posted May 22, 2006 - 06:59 AM

i had a motor lock up on me once. their was a chip of metal that got down by the crank and jamed it and nothing would move. then i got it out and it worked good.

• Pincushion

Posted May 24, 2006 - 09:06 AM

I wish my buddies would give me free tanks of 110.....

anyway, if the bike wasn't jetted for the 110 then you we're probably running a wee bit hot and seized it up. Pull the head and see what the cylinder wall looks like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted May 24, 2006 - 10:13 AM

i had a motor lock up on me once. their was a chip of metal that got down by the crank and jamed it and nothing would move. then i got it out and it worked good.

Was it a bottle cap?

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted May 24, 2006 - 12:21 PM

I wish my buddies would give me free tanks of 110.....

anyway, if the bike wasn't jetted for the 110 then you we're probably running a wee bit hot and seized it up. Pull the head and see what the cylinder wall looks like.

Why wold you want to fill up a four-stroke with 110 anyway? It only hurts performance.

(Assuming the compression is stock or close to it).

• bowhunter2221975

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:23 AM

Hey, thanks for the help. Ended up being the rod bearing. Now, just got to get it put back together, then it's back to the fun.

• MAD_POTTER

Posted June 03, 2006 - 12:04 PM

Was it a bottle cap?

Brilliant :applause: LMAO

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.