TT Admin HELP!!!!!

13 replies to this topic

Posted October 27, 2001 - 12:53 PM

After Fridays maintenance my response time on TT seems really degraded.
1) when I initially get in it seems to take longer to load the page.
2) After I am in navigation seems to take longer than it did before.
I use a cable modem and have tested this serveral times at different time since Friday with the same results. All other sites load at the usual lightning fast speed. Whats UP?!!! Other than that I like all the other changes! :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted October 27, 2001 - 01:07 PM

I just sent your message to Steve Claus ( He heads-up the technical side of TT. I too run a cable modem and IE 5.5. The new board seems to run as fast or faster for me. :)

Posted October 27, 2001 - 01:23 PM

Let me try using IE instead of Netscape and see if that makes any difference....P

Posted October 27, 2001 - 01:27 PM

Way faster with IE than with Netscape. Do I need to tweak something in Netscape or just use IE. :)

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 27, 2001 - 01:35 PM

I'm with you. I run Netscape also, coupled with DSL, and with the current TT speed I might as well get a dial-up account!

• Steve_Claus

Posted October 27, 2001 - 05:51 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking into why the diff in performance between using Netscape and IE. :)

I'll keep you posted...

Posted October 27, 2001 - 06:58 PM

Thanks Steve!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted October 28, 2001 - 05:06 AM

I'm stuck in dial-up world and use IE. The new design does load significantly slower for me also.

• darbsitton

Posted October 28, 2001 - 08:08 AM

Netscape 6 ran good.
Internet Explorer 5 ran good.
Netscape 4 seemed to hang at some point as it was downloading the page.

I am on a cable modem. Suspect that the new website makes use of some features that were not available in Netscape 4. Had similar type problems on a website at work. Reported to the intern that was updating the page and the problem disappered.

As a footnote, in general I get better performance out of Netscape 6 and would recommend the change to anyone who is still using 4.0.

Hope this helps.

Posted October 28, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Thanks Brad! I upgraded to Netscape 6.1 and that seems to help. Being old and crusty it will take a little while for me to get used to this new fangdangled thing. :D Oh well, at least my beloved TT is speedy again. :) Paul

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 28, 2001 - 12:49 PM

Good advice Brad. Made a big difference! (I was using rev. 4.7)

• darbsitton

Posted October 28, 2001 - 02:28 PM

I am not old, but I do not like learning new tricks.

You can make the new Netscape look like the old Netscape by going to Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Themes and selecting Classic.

• Blue_Boner

Posted October 28, 2001 - 04:03 PM

Unfortunately, I still have a dial-up connection using IE and this new board is Waaay Slower than it was before. Anything other than DSL or Cable to make it faster? Eric

Posted October 28, 2001 - 04:11 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Blue Boner:
Unfortunately, I still have a dial-up connection using IE and this new board is Waaay Slower than it was before. Anything other than DSL or Cable to make it faster? Eric[/QUOTE]

What version of IE? 5.5 or higher seems to be working quite well.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.