Oil Change help please(new to 4 stroke)

3 replies to this topic
  • glenw

Posted May 19, 2006 - 09:01 PM

I did a search on this topic and found a ton of threads on how to drain the oil and remove the filter but nothing on refilling. When I called the dealership they said to fill it up in the dipstick tube in the frame, not into the crankcase. What a pain in the :ride:. Does this seem right? Will the oil drain down into the crankcase or what? Sorry if this seems stupid but it's been bothering me.

Thanks
Glen
PS 2004 wr450f

• ARin

Posted May 20, 2006 - 01:20 AM

nonsense

2004 wr450 has an oil fill hole on the left side of the case.

Read the manual, and do what it says....no matter what some idiot mechanic tells you.

And if you dont have a manual, ante up the 60 bucks and BUY ONE. It is worth 10 times as much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted May 20, 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hi,

Or download one form the web

Timo Mc

• odonnks

Posted May 20, 2006 - 02:30 AM

Down loadable WR manuals are found here> http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.