bike position in the air

2 replies to this topic
  • CLW04WR450

Posted May 19, 2006 - 01:44 PM

Virtually every time I jump, my front end goes high. Like Evil Knevil. The further I jump, the worse it gets. I know very little about suspension setup and have lots to learn. Any help curing this problem will eventually save a life.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 19, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Hit the jump a clik higher in gear and throttle off right at the lip of the jump. It's the inertia or rotation of your rear wheel thats doing it. Thats why you see the pro's brake checking in mid air......... it's amazing what the rotation of the rear wheel can do to the bikes attitude in the air....

• minion

Posted May 19, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Virtually every time I jump, my front end goes high. Like Evil Knevil. The further I jump, the worse it gets. I know very little about suspension setup and have lots to learn. Any help curing this problem will eventually save a life.

Hit the jump a clik higher in gear and throttle off right at the lip of the jump. It's the inertia or rotation of your rear wheel thats doing it. Thats why you see the pro's brake checking in mid air......... it's amazing what the rotation of the rear wheel can do to the bikes attitude in the air....

What SJMC said, but be careful not to chop the throttle too much, otherwise, you'll come down on the front wheel, and thats worse than coming down nose high.

You can somewhat correct your position in the air by accelerating (brings the nose up) or tapping the rear brake (brings the nose down). The best way to learn how the bike feels is on a tabletop. They're a lot more forgiving if you don't do it right.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.