Some carb advice needed

7 replies to this topic
  • Frank_z28

Posted May 19, 2006 - 08:59 AM

Hey guys I'm pretty noob with the jetting of my wr. What can i do if i want test a richer mixture without changing the jet in the carb? What the best jet kit to buy for my 03 wr450, i don't have any spare jet at moment so i dlike a kit with some different size?

Ty in advance for your precious information! :ride:

• bandit99

Posted May 19, 2006 - 12:20 PM

French and retarted are the same thing. Do a search under the jetting forum you will find what you need.

• odonnks

Posted May 19, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Check what main and pilot jet you bike has now.
I don't know about the 03 but if you know what is in the bike now, go one larger on the main and or pilot to go richer.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 19, 2006 - 02:15 PM

French and retarted are the same thing.

With help like you in here who needs a Honda forum?

Typical F :ride: ing Green Stickered Know It All. My guess is you couldn't answer a noob's jetting question correctly if you wanted to. :banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frank_z28

Posted May 19, 2006 - 03:16 PM

i have been told to buy a "dynojet" stage 2 kit is that any good?

• gleaves

Posted May 19, 2006 - 03:23 PM

I bought a Dynojet kit for my DRZ400Sm and a James Dean kit for my WR250F and have been extremely happy with both. Technical support is great for both companies! It really is the way to go because you get at least 2 main needles and multiple main jets so you can try a lot of variations.!

Recommend that you go to the jetting forum and do searches for your questions. I know that your questions have been asked and answered by Eddie Sisneros "the god of jetting"

Good luck

• WR450F_RDR

Posted May 19, 2006 - 03:37 PM

I like the JD jetting kit myself, it smoothed out throttle response. Check my sig line for set up I am using on my 03, works pretty well for me.

• OneToGo

Posted May 21, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Hey guys I'm pretty noob with the jetting of my wr. What can i do if i want test a richer mixture without changing the jet in the carb? What the best jet kit to buy for my 03 wr450, i don't have any spare jet at moment so i dlike a kit with some different size?

Ty in advance for your precious information! :banana:

You cant change any thing except the fuel screw without wrenching the carb...
Go to the jetting forum and read through 101 and FCR basics by ARin which both give you excellent background info before you dive in.
Basically, re-jet for a temp or alt. changes and bike modifications. If you dont already know the Pilot, Main, Leak and Starter jet sizes in your bike as well as the needle type and clip positioin and the state of the airbox and exhaust mods then you will have to find out - otherwise its the first Q you'll be asked!
If the bike has a particular problem, post it here or in the jetting forum and someone will help you out :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.