wr mods for track riding

4 replies to this topic
  • redmansz400

Posted May 18, 2006 - 09:30 PM

is it really any benifit to take the head light and tail lights off your bike before taking it to the track? it doesn't seem like that much weight. i night ride also so i didn't want to have to switch back and forth during the week.

what are some things that really inprove the Wr out on the track?

• bluebike1999

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:28 PM

weight isnt the only consideration.
given removing the headlight is a two minute job and here in aus they are $187 a pop it's well worth having either a dummy headlight or just take it out if you are racing on a track.
as far as improvements, its a wr.
good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted May 19, 2006 - 07:40 AM

I ride mine on a track a few times a month. You can strip the bike down as much as you want to save weight, but the biggie is suspension. Re valve, re spring, etc otherwise you and your bike will get beat up.

• alfa

Posted May 19, 2006 - 08:38 AM

One mod that I really liked doing was putting a 51t sprocket on. It really helps get out of corners. It also helps on the tight trails also. You must do all of the free mods; ais, re jet, Grey wire. You will want to put heavier springs and heavier oil. I used a 20w. I am not yet convinced about the yz exhaust cam yet. I like the power curve where it is at. One thing I have been contemplating is a lighter flywheel to make the motor spin faster.

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 19, 2006 - 11:25 AM

is it really any benifit to take the head light and tail lights off your bike before taking it to the track? it doesn't seem like that much weight. i night ride also so i didn't want to have to switch back and forth during the week.

what are some things that really inprove the Wr out on the track?

YZ seat/tank combo. This will allow you to get up further on the bike in the corners and probably be more comfortable out in the woods too. This is a semi-common mod for the 02 and older WR's. Plus what everybody else said: suspension and stuff

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.