GTY-R insert: rejet?

1 reply to this topic
  • GreenDRZ

Posted May 18, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Hi all, I just got a '00 WR400 and the PO had the baffle out and the bike jetted perfectly. The bike ran like a top but was LOUD AS HELL, so the first thing that i did was slide in a GTY-R insert. Assuming no real change in elevation (maybe -500-1000ft from PO) do I need to worry abou rejetting this thing?

k e n

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted May 18, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yes, the GTY-R baffle does flow better than the stock butt plug, but it is still considerably restricted compared to the end cap wide open. Looking at the jetting data base sticky at the top of this forum page and finding a similar set up will give you a good baseline as to what you need

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.