What's under there?

2 replies to this topic
  • gem

Posted May 18, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Well maybe I am riding this bike too conservatively(not constantly dumping the clutch and wto) but when I pop wheelies I cover alot of ground before the front comes up. I have been told this bike has a race cam and porting plus I put on a Q. My wrench told me there is a flywheel weight and that would explain the greenish blue spacer. Now I will explain the title. Can I just lay my bike down on the passenger side, pop the cover and spacer off, and yank off the flywheel weight? What's under(or should I say in) there?.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RoughR1der

Posted May 18, 2006 - 06:49 PM

?????? ummm ok. seems like when u do a wheelie your tire would come up exactly when you want it to, which is right at the moment you decide to do one.

what does that have to do with a heavier flywheel? btw it give's you more torque which should make it easier to pull wheelies.

you should also supply the bike yr & model for ppl. there isnt a weight in the flywheel, the flywheel is just heavier, you need to buy the stock one if you want a lighter one. i could be wrong, but thats my understanding.

• theclone

Posted May 18, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I think I know what you mean. Sometimes the fron just won't some up when you want it to. I think that has more to do with engine RPM's than the flywheel weight. On my bike, the middle of the rpm range is right where the meat is. instant wheelies. could also be a jetting issue.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.