Xr628 ? Reliable

5 replies to this topic
  • jim1234

Posted May 18, 2006 - 04:11 PM

How reliable is the upgrade. I'm looking at a 600 with a 628 kit. The bike has a xr 400 cooler on it.

thanks,JIM

• rmhrc630

Posted May 18, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Very

Like a rock

• creeky

Posted May 18, 2006 - 06:08 PM

Had a '97 628 for a couple of years, Yosh exhaust, Edelbrock carb, f*****g rocket, never had a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted May 18, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Great motor, 4th and 5th gear rev to the moon. Stay with the regular compression piston, the high comp is easy to stall in tight tricky stuff. I had the HRC kit.

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 19, 2006 - 01:39 AM

The XR donk is reliable until you really modify the heck out of it. Just a big-bore kit and maybe a different muffler wont hurt, but bikes that are heavily modified with a warm cam, porting, pumper carbs as well as a 628 kit are getting to the point where the big-end bearing/rod and tranny cant handle the HP.

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 19, 2006 - 06:56 AM

If I remember right the HRC kit had a gear(primary?) that got changed out to.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.