YZ Timing & Jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • Rocky

Posted October 25, 2001 - 11:14 AM

I checked all of the posts related to YZ timing and Jetting but, could not find:

I changed my timing to YZ spec. Now when the I open the trottle ( 1/2 to full open ) the motor burbbles (like it is too rich). I have the stock jetting. it sounds like the main jet - could be the needle also. What size main jet do I need?? or???
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slashman

Posted October 26, 2001 - 09:55 PM

hey rocky; TRY THIS

i live out here in the desert also(apache junction) i ended up with a 165mj EKQ #4 needle 45pj paj set to ~80. i need to go back to a 42pj and things will be fine. you can try an EJP needle this is the stock YZ needle.

lets get together and ride some time.E-mail me at crazyloks@qwest.net

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.