WR400/426 Exhaust Plug Wanted (yes wanted!)

7 replies to this topic
  • RoaDKill

Posted October 25, 2001 - 10:16 AM

I am looking to buy an exhaust plug for a wr400/426 for an experiment I am performing modifying an exhaust system - anyone got a plug they want to get rid of?

• sirhk

Posted October 25, 2001 - 10:39 AM

Are you talking about a plug to cap the exhaust like used for washing your bike? If so, I found a rubber plug that works perfect at Home Depot for like $2. I'm sure a hardware store will have something that works, if that's what you're talking about?

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• BlueThunder

Posted October 25, 2001 - 12:05 PM

You do mean the stock baffle...correct? Unless you're experimenting with bike washing techniques? I'd offer you mine but it's already been the victim of exhaust experimentation. Posted Image HACKJOB/ RIDDLED

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everything else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

• RoaDKill

Posted October 25, 2001 - 03:55 PM

I'm talking about the stock plug that most people remove to open up the exhaust and let it make some more noise, not the stopper for washing the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom14911

Posted October 26, 2001 - 08:37 PM

I have an extra one. Send me your address and I'll even throw in the bolt. Free. All free.

• RoaDKill

Posted October 28, 2001 - 01:38 AM

Thanks a ton Tom14911 that would be awesome:

I am at:

Robert Klages
c/o Guardent Inc.
75 3rd Ave,
Waltham, MA.

• Tom14911

Posted October 30, 2001 - 02:14 PM

I got it all packaged up today. Just got to get to the Post Office.

It'll be christmas a month early for you.. Well sort of. I'm not sure why I have two anyway, I'm just a parts rat packer I guess.

Tom

• RoaDKill

Posted November 09, 2001 - 01:21 PM

:) Tom - thanks a bunch, I got the plug and it is in perfect condition - I'll let you know how the experiment works out.

Rob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.