Gotta love the YZ exhaust

8 replies to this topic
  • XRYoda

Posted May 17, 2006 - 09:02 PM

I just put on a YZ exhaust onto my WR450, wow, the thing is now an animal. I have not hit the trails with it yet, I just rode it in the field next to my house for a bit. It is a big improvement over my PMB insert with the first baffle removed. It is loud, though. I am planning on ordering a Dr D spark arrester which will probably knock it down a decible or two and will use my stock exhaustfor competetions, when the noise restrictions are 96db. There were probable a few pounds of weight savings and the thing was only $70 on Ebay. They are tough, too. I would recommend looking at this option, as it is an effective, inexpensive mod.

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 18, 2006 - 06:27 AM

I run a YZ exhaust on my dual sport 450. You might consider a PMB end cap as there is a 96db insert that you can easily install when needed. Less hassle than switching out the whole exhaust.

• Frank_z28

Posted May 18, 2006 - 09:07 AM

i also use a yz pipe. It weight a lot less than my stock WR pipe and the bike now sound awesome.

• odonnks

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:00 AM

Which year YZ was the pipe from and which year WR did you install it on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRYoda

Posted May 18, 2006 - 01:07 PM

A 03'-05' yz pipe will fit an 06' wr, and I'm sure that it would fit an 03' and an 04' WR too. Stay away from an 06' YZ pipe as you would prabably need a lot of duck tape to make it fit. Keep your eye out on ebay, if you want one. The spark arresters are not cheap, ranging from 99$ for a DR. D to 125$ for a PMB. Each has a quiet insert for an additional $30 or so. Basically you will be in it for around $200, a pretty cheap way to go for good power.

• vorra65

Posted May 18, 2006 - 01:35 PM

A 03'-05' yz pipe will fit an 06' wr, and I'm sure that it would fit an 03' and an 04' WR too. Stay away from an 06' YZ pipe as you would prabably need a lot of duck tape to make it fit. Keep your eye out on ebay, if you want one. The spark arresters are not cheap, ranging from 99$ for a DR. D to 125$ for a PMB. Each has a quiet insert for an additional $30 or so. Basically you will be in it for around $200, a pretty cheap way to go for good power.

Did you get the PM I sent you? :ride:

• Frank_z28

Posted May 19, 2006 - 08:35 AM

My bike is a 03 but I'm not sure what the year of the YZ pipe. I got the pipe with the bike when i buyed it used.

• old man dan

Posted May 20, 2006 - 08:22 AM

I just put an 04 YZ pipe on my 05 WR. took all of five minutes, direct bolt on replacement. I checked and it seems like 03-05 YZ will fit 03-06 WR. SOunds a little louder than I was hoping for but it feels good. A little sharper response and better bottom end.plus it weighs a few pounds less.

• vorra65

Posted May 20, 2006 - 09:21 AM

I've got a "like new" Dr. D S/A and quiet core, for the YZ pipe if anyone is looking. PM me if your'e interested-new is $140 plus shipping. Mine will go for considerably less than that. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.