Clark tank or other options?

4 replies to this topic
  • e30M3

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:31 PM

Does anyone have a picture of an '03-'05 450 with a clark 2.8 tank? I would really prefer to stick with the stock unless the 2.8 is "low profile".

Also, does anyone know of any external tanks that will mount to a 450, like a number plate tank?

I ride mostly track but when I go out to the desert my friends like to go on looong rides so I only need something for about 10% of my riding time...

• motobark

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:54 PM

The Clarke tank fits really well on the '03 YZ, I had one.

I too only used it for the 10% of the time I really needed it. I'll see if I have a picture of it on my bike. The sides don't stick out any farther than stock and the top isn't very much higher at the filler neck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motobark

Posted May 17, 2006 - 09:28 PM

Here's some pics of my '03 with the Clarke tank. Not exactly studio shots but hopefully they'll help give you an idea of what the tank looks like.
I was very happy with it and I'm kinda picky about how big and heavy my bike is. (I don't like WR's.) 2.8g was enough for me but not too much. I had a 3.4g Acerbis on my '00 and I really didn't like it, too big and more fuel than I needed.
I'm waiting for a Clarke tank for my '06.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted May 18, 2006 - 07:09 AM

If I hadn't stumbled onto a barely used IMS, I would have bought a Clark. I like the fact that it covers none of the side of the engine. The IMS drops so low on the sides that it causes hose routing difficulties, and sets a crossover line very close to the exhaust pipe.

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:09 AM

Does anyone have a picture of an '03-'05 450 with a clark 2.8 tank? I would really prefer to stick with the stock unless the 2.8 is "low profile".

Also, does anyone know of any external tanks that will mount to a 450, like a number plate tank?

I ride mostly track but when I go out to the desert my friends like to go on looong rides so I only need something for about 10% of my riding time...

Yes sir. Here ya go.

top view with Ascerbis handguards, Rally IIs.

http://img.photobuck...handguards1.jpg

Whole bike
http://img.photobuck...Flagshroud3.jpg

Just the tank

http://img.photobuck...Flagshroud2.jpg

I can go about 70miles at 7000 feet (leaner jetting). It's not heavy or obtrusive at all. I love it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.