Got my WR Plated today :)

9 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:13 PM

Finally got the paperwork all done and the plate went on tonight, then i went directly for a ride.Posted Image

• Captain Bob

Posted May 17, 2006 - 07:39 PM

Finally got the paperwork all done and the plate went on tonight, then i went directly for a ride.Posted Image

Congrats on the plating of your bike! Mine is also plated. A suggestion, take a look at the flush mount turn signals for the rear of the bike. I think LP sells them They are small and stick on the rear fender protruding very little. I have put them on my WR400 and so far, they have survived some really messy, muddy rides plus a power wash or two. They are definitely crash proof!

Just a thought!

Bob

• ARin

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:15 PM

pictures and links to the product are warranted Captain Bob.

• Captain Bob

Posted May 18, 2006 - 02:27 AM

OK! I will look the parts up! BTW, being an ex- gun store owner, I like your avatar!

Bob

• yamahaxt

Posted May 18, 2006 - 03:51 AM

I got mine street legal about a month ago. It cost me $180.00 pluse $25 for a cop to sign off on it. All I did was put a horn and brake lights on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Few

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:01 AM

Good job! I'm glad the bike is working out for you. When my BWP die's I'm going to plate my Svelte Beeeyatch too.

• Kmorris

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:57 AM

Looks good. What kit did you use.

Keith

• Captain Bob

Posted May 18, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Congrats on the plating of your bike! Mine is also plated. A suggestion, take a look at the flush mount turn signals for the rear of the bike. I think LP sells them They are small and stick on the rear fender protruding very little. I have put them on my WR400 and so far, they have survived some really messy, muddy rides plus a power wash or two. They are definitely crash proof!

Just a thought!

Bob

As promised, here is the URL for the flush mount turn signal markers from Lockhart Phillips:

http://www.lockhartp...showProduct.cgi

I stuck mine on right behind the seat on the side of the rear fender. They are very inconspicuous and out of the way. As I said earlier, the glue seems to be pretty rugged. You will need to drill a small hole to feed the wires through the fender.

Hope this helps!

Bob

• MountainMax

Posted May 18, 2006 - 06:30 PM

thanks but they don't look great.

• Captain Bob

Posted May 19, 2006 - 02:12 PM

thanks but they don't look great.

IO forgot to add the part number. The one you want would be part number 122-9770.

Check out a bike shop that is near you and handles dirt bikes, specifically enduro bikes. I would be surprised if they did not have them in stock. They really do look much better then the pic.

Bob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.