xr650r kouba lowering link

9 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted May 17, 2006 - 04:14 PM

i am in the market for this item. i wanted to know how it effects the geometry of the bike. will it mess it up and make it handle like crap or will i probably not even notice the difference. i also want to know what 1.5inches actually is(i don't mean literally) if it lowers the seat 1.5 does that transalate to 1.5 when i stand. meaning when i am tippy toe now i probably still will be just not as bad. also i heard alot of people slide the fork tubes up with the link, will that make the bike more or less stable at highway speeds.

thanks for the input in advance.
adam

• motomonte

Posted May 18, 2006 - 02:57 AM

Well I suposse that you'll have to lower the front more or less the same amount that you lower the rear.I did lowered mine tough not with a link ( I just set the race sag very loose,like the spring's almost got no tension at all) .Anyways the bike started handling like crap indeed.I had to raise the fork tubes to get it back in shape,just do it by increments and ride it till you feel it back.Good luck and wait for more replies,theres a lot of knowledged guys here.

• gnarly sprockets

Posted May 18, 2006 - 04:29 AM

I have the Kouba and like it. You do have to drop the front also. I just slid the forks up w/o problems but the right way to do it is internally.

• motomonte

Posted May 18, 2006 - 08:22 AM

I have the Kouba and like it. You do have to drop the front also. I just slid the forks up w/o problems but the right way to do it is internally.

I've heard of it before,even did some searching and asking but could'nt find any info on it.I think it's some kind of spacer wich i can fabricate but iI don't know wich it is and where it goes.ANY info will be greatly appreciated.

• Naru

Posted May 18, 2006 - 09:32 AM

If you end up going with the Koubalink, I have a used one that has ~5 hours on it that came with one of my XR's and I don't need. PM me if your interested.

PS - I don't know how well it works. I'm planning on getting spacers installed on both ends in a month or so to lower the bike internal to the suspension on the fiance's bike. I think you can get ~1-1.5 inches that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted May 18, 2006 - 10:38 AM

Ask if the link still causes the shock to rub the swingarm tunnel.That's the problem I had a couple of years ago when I tried one.

• Mooncruiser

Posted May 18, 2006 - 03:42 PM

I have a Kouba Link, but haven't installed it yet. Where do you get the springs for the front, and what is the part number? I'm watching this thread with interest.
Thanks,
Chip

• gnarly sprockets

Posted May 18, 2006 - 04:33 PM

The shock is not rubbing the swingarm tunnel on mine.

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 19, 2006 - 09:39 AM

I'll call and order one, they used to drop the bike almost 2 inches and that threw the shock angle way off, causing it to rub the swingarm with the bottom of the spring.

• westin

Posted May 20, 2006 - 07:58 AM

Doesn't rub on my friend's XR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.