Need help wheal stuff

4 replies to this topic
  • windseeker1

Posted May 17, 2006 - 12:01 PM



i'm from portugal so let me begin by apologise for my english

I need to take the rollers (I think it's the name) from the wheel center to put a new ones but don't know how to do it!
Can u guys help?

  • ArizonaThumper

Posted May 17, 2006 - 12:56 PM


Not sure if these have a snap ring or not, but check on the outside of the hub for a retainer and remove, then use a flat punch and hammer drive them out from the inside towards the outside, alternating from one side of the bearing to the other, be sure you are on the bearing race, tap it lightly at first, then harder if needed. This should drive the seal and bearing right out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ADVnaut

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:02 PM


I would say your english is better than a lot of people living here in the U.S. I believe the parts you are looking to change are called BEARINGs. We call the center section the HUB Do a search for changing them and you should find a wealth of knowledge. I would have copied some over for you, but the search function is disabled due to high traffic right now.


  • ArizonaThumper

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:02 PM


Rear wheel has a retaining snap ring, remove seal, then remove ring, then tap bearing out. front wheel does not have a snap ring

  • windseeker1

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:51 PM


Thanks a lot guys tomorow gonna put the newly aquired knowlege in action


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.