Header Pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • Rocky

Posted October 25, 2001 - 05:08 AM

Are there any header pipes that work with the stock muffler? I have spent $$ on Baja insert and don't want to buy the complete system. After market header pipe eliminates oil filter change pain.

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:25 AM

I beleive the FMF power bomb works with the stock silencer. It is an option you can purchase seperately from their silencer. I would have to run home at lunch to see if this is true, but from memory is it very close. You can ask the sales guys, but I'll try to get you a better answer later today or tomorrow.

• mxchamps

Posted October 25, 2001 - 03:17 PM

I'm not sure about the 426, but the 250f powerbomb doesn't fit the stock silencer. So I am guessing the 426 might be the same thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted October 25, 2001 - 03:23 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Rocky. I bought a White Bros. E-series tapered head pipe and found out it won't fix my stock exhaust. The only tapered header pipe I know of that fits the stock exhaust was made by DMC and distributed be Advantage Dist. The phone number I have for Advantage in no longer in service.
Tom Rowan at Fineline Suspension couldn't located one for me.
Anyone out there know where to find the DMC head pipe??

Old guy and GPS geek

• fershy

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:16 PM

A little deductive reasoning is in order here. Can you buy an FMF Silencer and not replace the stock header? Yes.
I don't purport to know what the deal is on a 250F but speaking strictly about 400's and 426's the FMF powerbomb will fit the stock exhaust no problem. And yes you can remove your oil filter without loosening the header.

• F-Pilot

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:47 PM

Zak, are you interested in selling or trading for the WB headpipe?
I have been thinking about buying one to go with my WB Pro-Meg.
E-mail me if you want to make a deal.

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot (edited October 25, 2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.